- Platform: PlayStation 3
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ £2.99 UK delivery
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed: Limited Edition (PS3)
|Price:||£22.99 FREE UK delivery.|
There is a newer version of this item:
Virtual Reality Is Coming
2016 is the year of Virtual Reality. Find out everything you need to know at our Virtual Reality Store. Learn about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the HTC Vive and sign-up to be notified when they will be released.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Limited Edition
Sonic and the All-Stars cast line up on the starting grid once again to battle for supremacy in the ultimate race. Compete across land, water and air in incredible transforming vehicles that change from cars to boats to planes mid-race. Master your driving skills as you drift, barrel roll and boost to overtake your rivals, or use your weapons tactically and unleash your All-Star move to gain the winning advantage.
It’s not just your fellow racers you need to watch out for, as the road falls away beneath you, new routes emerge and your vehicle transforms to take advantage of the terrain. Discover alternative routes and short cuts as you perfect the course in this adrenaline fuelled dash to the finish line - racing will never be the same again.
- Dynamic Tracks: Take to land, sea & air as you race through 16 dynamically changing courses inspired by SEGA’s illustrious gaming history. Discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory – every track feels different.
- Choose Your Racer: Race as over 20 legendary All Stars. The starting line-up has been transformed as new iconic characters from the world of SEGA join the race. What other game sees a hedgehog battle it out against a monkey, a sky pirate and an axe wielding dwarf!
- Fully Transformable Vehicles: This is no ordinary race. Each character is equipped with their own unique vehicle that can transform into a car, boat and plane to take advantage of the changing terrains. Each vehicle handles differently and players must master all three to triumph.
- Tools of Devastation: Utilise an arsenal of devastating weapons which require skill to aim, shoot, evade and block. The All-Star Moves also return, this time the more daring and stylishly you race, the more your All-Star meter increases allowing you to unleash carnage on your opponents!
- Ultimate Gaming Experience: Old rivalries can be settled and new ones created in up to 10 player online. Journey through the All-Stars’ world to take on a huge range of modes and challenges, including Grand Prix, Battle arenas and an incredible world tour.
- Transform into a Car: Boost and drift your way around the track.
- Transform into a Boat: Tackle dynamic rapids and huge waves to beat rivals.
- Transform into a Plane: Take to the skies to barrel roll and dogfight to victory.
Limted Edition Includes:
- Exclusive Outrun Bay Track + Challenges & Time Trials
- Exclusive Metal Sonic & Transforming vehicle + Metal Sonic Mod Pack
- Exclusive Stickers for your in-game license
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Sega has greatly improved the elements of the first episode, a good Mario Kart clone, into something new with a distinct personality. The transforming mechanic adds great depth to the gameplay, in a completely different way from Mario Kart 7. Here even the tracks themselves transform after each lap in clever and interesting ways. The career mode looks lenghty, and the game can be quite challenging (thankfully without the presence of unfair powerups like the infamous blue shell).
If you are into kart racing games, you should buy this game. On PS3 it's the best you can get.
Just like in the original racer each of the characters has their own car to race in. There are some differences in the characters available this time around though. Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Shadow, Tails, Beat, Ulala, B.D.Joe, Amigo and Alex Kidd are still here, the other racers from the original have been replaced with others. Some of the characters are unlockable and others appear ready to play like MeeMee and Ralph from Wreck it ralph.
The big difference in this game to the original is the transformations. Cars can now change into planes or boats depending on where they are on the track. The transformations are really smooth and it really makes the game more fun. It also means there's more interesting tracks such as all the flying on the NIGHTS track.Read more ›
I would say any fan of racing games or Sega games should defiantly pick a copy of this up; it's hard to put down when you do though! As a huge Sega fan since I was a kid it's no wonder I love this game as there are some nostalgic tracks based on things such as Golden Axe and House of The Dead which makes it great for the older gamer as I was a die hard fan when these games were about; whilst also including tracks from more recent games from the Dreamcast Era such as Samba De Amigo and Skies of Arcadia and those of Gamecube and beyond such as Billy Hatcher and Sonic Heroes.
Each character has only one car specific to them, which can be a good/bad thing. It gives each character their own identity, but it would be fun to swap them up at the same time.
A couple of bad points then - Some of the events on the world tour aren't to my liking. Ring race in particular where you have to fly through loads of rings before you run out of time is particularly tricky, and the boost challenges can be irritating. It does take quite a while to unlock more Grand Prix races, but their is a good number of them which is welcome.
The main flaw though, is that there needs to be more items. There is 9 I believe, and even if they gave the game another 3 (through an update or something) it would make it a bit more diverse and fun. Also the ultra boxes (which give you 3 of an item) only seem to give out fireworks which is a bit frustrating.
All in all though this is a really good game and definitely worth the money! Buy it now!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was looking for a Mario Kart-esq game for my Playstation. I wanted a similar, split-screen game that I could enjoy with friends.
The idea behind the game is solid. Read more
Be warned. If you want to play this game with friends you will have to spend massive amounts of time and effort straining your driving skills, conquer a massive variety of... Read morePublished 7 months ago by JackBabbx
a disappointing game that fails to be that funtastic mario kart gamePublished 10 months ago by Just a customer!