SonarQube in Action shows developers how to use the SonarQube platform to help them continuously improve their source code. The book presents SonarQube's core Seven Axes of Quality: design/architecture, duplications, comments, unit tests, complexity, potential bugs, and coding rules. You'll find simple, easy-to-follow discussion and examples as you learn to integrate SonarQube into your development process.
About the Technology
About the Book
SonarQube in Action teaches you how to effectively use SonarQube following the continuous inspection model. This practical book systematically explores SonarQube's core Seven Axes of Quality (design, duplications, comments, unit tests, complexity, potential bugs, and coding rules). With well-chosen examples, it helps you learn to use SonarQube's review functionality and IDE integration to implement continuous inspection best practices in your own quality management process.
The book's Java-based examples translate easily to other development languages. No prior experience with SonarQube or continuous delivery practice is assumed
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
- Gather meaningful quality metrics
- Integrate with Ant, Maven, and Jenkins
- Write your own plugins
- Master the art of continuous inspection
About the Authors
Ann Campbellb and Patroklos Papapetrou are experienced developers and team leaders. Both actively contribute to the SonarQube community.
Table of Contents
PART 1 WHAT THE NUMBERS ARE TELLING YOU
- An introduction to SonarQube
- Issues and coding standards
- Ensuring that your code is doing things right
- Working with duplicate code
- Optimizing source code documentation
- Keeping your source code files elegant
- Improving your application design
PART 2 SETTLING IN WITH SONARQUBE
- Planning a strategy and expanding your insight
- Continuous Inspection with SonarQube
- Letting SonarQube drive code reviews
- IDE integration
PART 3 ADMINISTERING AND EXTENDING
- Security: users, groups, and roles
- Rule profile administration
- Making SonarQube fit your needs
- Managing your projects
- Writing your own plugins