- Paperback: 132 pages
- Publisher: lulu.com (1 May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1447676963
- ISBN-13: 978-1447676966
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 0.8 x 21 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,340,032 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Somewhere To Start From Paperback – 1 May 2011
|New from||Used from|
Paperback, 1 May 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
It's hard to characterise these highly entertaining stories, some of which fall distinctly into the microfiction bucket, except to say that Dan Purdue brings a witty and original approach to each of them - and the effect can be lasting. For example, in the months since I read this book it's been hard to read a restaurant review without the sheer pretentiousness of Xtcokpøt coming to mind. Or to see a plane from which parachuters are leaping without recalling ... well, if you read this book you'll discover that gem too.
Thank you to this up and coming author for producing such a range of well written, entertaining stories.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These twenty-one short fictions differ considerably in genre and length. From horror, crime and sci-fi to contemporary pieces, sometimes with a surreal feel. Read morePublished on 17 Nov. 2013 by Shirl
A varied mix of stories from purely entertaining to thought provoking. The themes and subjects vary as much as the lengths of the pieces but they all have two things in common -... Read morePublished on 6 July 2013 by Patsy Collins