Format: Board book|Change

on 7 September 2012
I had seen this story book in a different version, so was disappointed when my copy arrived and it did not have the twinkly silver parts on each page, that had made it so attractive to me when I first saw it. This is a board book, with a story that reassures the child that no matter what it does, whether it is good or bad, clean or dirty, it is loved. A valuable message. But a slightly dull looking book in this format.
on 22 April 2013
This book is simply beautiful. My children love it. We've shared it regularly for several years, my eldest is now 8 (a boy) and he still loves it. The children all know it by heart and if we've had a challenging day, its said together at bedtime to emphasise how much we love them ... despite the challenging behaviour! They frequently ask for this book and will read it themselves. They also read it to teddy bears, dolls etc. Our kids are adopted and this has been the best book for them to explore the idea of unconditional love, having not always known that previously. We don't like the phrase 'sometimes you're bad' because we don't think children are 'bad' just exhibit bad behaviour at times, but that is truly the only thing we'd change, and we often say something along those lines as we read it. Sometimes we substitute 'you' for the child's name, or even 'mummy' or 'daddy' which always gets a laugh. This book is amazing. Every home should have one. I'm just buying a replacement for the rather dog-eared copy we have, I'm sure it will be loved for years to come, by us all.
on 19 October 2012
I can't say enough good things about this book! My daughter got this for her 1st birthday and it has been a firm favourite. It has taught her so many things - new words, the concept of opposites (dirty/clean, kind/mean) as well as emotions. She will actually join in with the reading now at 18 months old by shouting the words HAPPY, SAD, GOOD, BAD etc at the end of each page! The rhymes are so simple but very effective, and the illustrations are beautiful - we love the elephants! The overall message is really heartwarming and we love saying "I love you" to each other at the end! Truly wonderful book that our little princess wants to read again and again.
on 28 April 2016
Some of the adjectives used (such as bad and mean) are not words that I would read out to my child to describe them. No adult would wish to be described as such – and the same respect should be given to one’s child. I think different words could have been used – and for me this takes away from the moral of the story and the lovely illustrations.
on 8 September 2011
This book is a simply wonderful. We bought this for our toddler who has both good days and bad days. It allows us to share the idea that no matter what kind of day he has we always love him. Simply written, attractive pictures, but definitely an all time favourite. Destined to stay on the book shelf for many years!!
on 1 September 2012
My son loves this super simple book, very basic text but great way to teach kids emotion. The page where it says ' some times your brave' well that's work best for us; as we use that term to try new things my son is afraid to try. That simple text helped us with potty training.
on 23 April 2014
Still a firm favourite with my daughter at 2 years 3 months and great for a quick story time when she or I am tired. Beautiful illustrations and my daughter now knows the words and can "read" it herself as she turns the pages.
on 31 August 2014
My eldest granddaughter spontaneously loved this book which I gave to her at the same time as I gave my other granddaughter 'When you were born' - wish I'd found these books much earlier but never too late for a good experience!
on 28 June 2015
Simple book with lovely illustrations. I love reading this to my two year old twins(though their attention span may not last till the end). I like the message of 'no matter how you are, I would still love you.' Would recommend!
on 6 December 2015
Not only do the children love this book but so do I....makes me cry every time I read it to them! Lovely item to gift for a new addition to the family - I have bought a number of complies now for friends and family members