on 3 June 2003
I was told many years ago that there is nothing complicated about business, only people make it that way. I was also told that too many people in business are too busy working too hard to make money. After many years working in large corporations I truly believe both of those statements. This book delivers against two things we seem to have lost, simplicity and common sense. This book is very much about back to basics in selling and absolutely about common sense. Selling is about people. Its about understanding, cooperation and trust. This book will help your sales organisation or the individual seller master these and other key aspects of business relationships to be more effective at selling. Forget academic books by so called business gurus. Buy this, its very rare, a practical book by very experienced practitioners. As a professional development executive within a large technology corporation, I will definitely ensure that many of the concepts within this book are integrated into sales development programmes we run in the future.
on 28 May 2003
I recently saw a preview copy of this book and what a refreshing approach the authors take to what should be an enjoyable and straightforward part of business life.
Smart and clearly written in an engaging style it actually takes away alot of the usual hype and tricks to selling and concentrates on the fundamentals. This makes it sound like it is a book for those new to selling but IT CERTAINLY IS NOT! Seasoned professionals as well an entrepeneurs and those new to business will do well to read Sold!
I have worked in sales for over 10 years now and have run a sales team for 4 of those and I have taken a lot away from this book.
The cover claims to help make it easy for people to buy from you - I absoultely agree.
A real gem!
on 2 October 2003
This book is a must for sales people and sales managers who want a new, powerful yet easy set of application to increase sales. This book is full of ideas that simplify the process.
While reading this book I kept thinking, "Now here's a concept I've had before but could never articulate." More importantly, before, I couldn't have systematized these concepts like this book does.
My advice is to get this book before your competition does.
on 24 November 2007
Whilst I can't deny that there were a couple (2 max!) useful tips on the CD, I did not really feel it was very useful for me personally. I am an enterprise software sales person, but for someone selling to consumers it might be different or if your are selling low value products.
on 29 December 2003
This audio book is really helpful...how helpful?
Well, the fact that the masters themselves are the trainers for big companies like Glaxosmithkline (GSK), Nike and Microsoft should be enough for those ambitious marketer out there...
It highlights how easy and straightforward selling can be, anyone practicing the principles such as the 4th one (provide what is valuable to customer) is bound to be successful..
I got this from a friend of mine and planning to get one myself..
i think it should be in the top 10 list quite soon..
on 21 October 2005
Excuse me. Maybe I'm just getting old. Listening to this CD as I drove along in my car felt like I was back at sales school when I was 18. Thats 30 years ago, right! So maybe there are those out there who will find this CD useful, but I felt the info was delivered at a very basic level and rather stated the obvious. I was looking for a product that gave me real answers to real problems...this did not do it for me!
on 4 August 2003
A really very useful book on this, one of the most important of all business skills.
Clear, concise, to the point and very entertaining it cuts through all the clutter and delivers a very compelling and realistic approach to selling succesfully. Highly recommended!