- Boxed-product Weight: 839 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
- Batteries 2 AA batteries required. (included)
- Item model number: SS9056
- ASIN: B003ZUXWWA
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 16 Aug. 2010
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (214 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 18,893 in Garden & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Garden & Outdoors)
SolarCentre Canterbury Solar Wall Light (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- High quality stainless steel solar wall light
- 1 x white flat SMD bulb
- Up to 10 hours run time once fully charged by the sun
- Turns on and off automatically but can be switched off
- IP44 waterproofing
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Add light to your outdoor wall using only the power of the sun with the Canterbury Solar Wall Light. This stylish solar wall light uses a single high efficiency micro SMD bulb to emit a gentle glow for up to 10 hours from a full charge. The Canterbury is made from high quality 301 grade stainless steel to guarantee years of rust-free enjoyment.
How does it work?
During the day the sun charges the Canterbury’s AA rechargeable batteries (supplied and installed) giving it the power it needs to work after dark. At night the Canterbury turns on automatically. In the morning the Canterbury turns off automatically so that it can recharge for the night ahead. The Canterbury can be turned off completely at any time where it will continue to charge.
How do I install it?
The Canterbury is completely wireless so it’s incredibly easy to install and everything you need is in the box.
1. Remove the metal nut caps from the front of the wall bracket.
2. Remove the plastic insert from the rear of the wall bracket.
3. Screw the plastic insert onto your wall using the supplied screws and screw plugs
4. Once the plastic insert is installed, push the light onto it and tighten the metal nut caps to secure it into place.
5. Gently pull the top off the Canterbury and turn it on using the switch on the underside. Replace top and wait until dark.
Choosing your location
Please remember that all solar lights need access to light to charge and this is particularly important for solar wall lights because they nearly always have light obstructed by the wall they are installed on. Occasionally customers want a wall light in a location that just isn’t suitable for a solar light. Before you place your order, please think about the location you want your Canterbury in. Any solar light will struggle to charge in north facing areas or areas that are heavily shaded and the Canterbury is no exception. Please remember that the solar panel on the Canterbury is on its top, so it is not suitable for covered locations such as under porches, overhangs or awnings.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I found this light after hours of looking around, and it sounded way in front of anything else, so after reading a few reviews I bought it. I'm definitely not disappointed with it as well, it has a good quality feel to it, quite weighty but not over so, it gives out a good amount of light as well. It wont light a garden up or anything like that, but it gives off a good amount, enough so that it would well illuminate a door etc.
If your looking for a GOOD solar powered exterior light, buy this one, it wont break the bank and gives very good value for money.
Of the five Canterbury solar lights installed in October 2012, four of them have still have the original batteries and are working 100%. The fifth Light: I changed the original batteries today as the Light was not staying on during the Night, going off at 3am. As I say, the remaining Four Light are still going strong. I can only endorse my earlier comments of October 2012:
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Having trouble getting light to come on, have taken unit out and charged indoors in brilliant sunshine, seems to charge when I try to get light on it flickers and does not have a... Read morePublished 1 month ago by S. Moran
Nice product when it works, problem is the battery holders they corrode after about 12 months which means opening up and removing corrosion !Published 1 month ago by Tony Howard
Great looking, bigger than expected& shines even though I have a massive street lamp outside! Very pleasedPublished 4 months ago by Edyta Bowles
I installed 4 of these about 2 months ago. Three are still working although the illumination level is very low, even after good long days of sunshine here in Cyprus. Read morePublished 4 months ago by PESA