TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 September 2012
I bought this version as I didn't want the cheaper mostly plastic versions that are also available. I liked the look of the glass carafe rather than the cheaper plastic bottles.

One thing that needs mentioning is that you can't really store this and use it under low kitchen cabinets as when you open the section that houses the carafe it extends vertically by quite a way. I have just placed it on top of the fridge freezer. I'm disappointed by the size of the carafe, it's only about 600 mL which is only two glasses from each carafe, not large enough in my opinion.

There are quite a few flavours to choose from but I think it's sadly lacking in the sugarfree department, and the blend of flavours is quite bland. The exception I've found is the sugarfree lemonade which is quite palatable, I even find the natural flavours quite oddly flavoured and the syrup is actually quite thick.

Whilst I used this quite a bit for a few weeks after I bought it, in the last couple of months I've hardly use it at all and I haven't actually used the entire first cylinder kind of gas yet.

In terms of design SodaStream is certainly different from SodaStream of the 70s though I still think it's tainted with part of the 70s image certainly in terms of the flavours available.
55 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2012
i bought this as a christmas present for my other half as he loves sparkling water, but i wanted to get something that looked a bit smarter than the original plastic soda stream and matched our other appliances. this fit the bill and the glass carafe is much more stylish than the cheap looking plastic bottles you get with any other soda stream. very pleased with it.
on 28 February 2012
I am delighted with my Sodastream Crystal Home Drinks Maker. It was one of the dearest models in the range but it looks so much better than the others. The glass carafe that comes with it is so much better than the plastic bottles used with the cheaper models. It is also very easy to use.
on 7 June 2012
THIS DEVICE IS DANGEROUS AND SHOULD BE RECALLED. On the first use the device worked fine but, on Sunday, 6 May 12, I repeated the process. This time on the second gentle push of the charging button the glass Carafe inside the device exploded. Despite their manual stating that on the rare occasion this happens, all glass is contained within the charging vessel, or words to that effect, this was not the case and I was confronted with effervescent water and tiny particles of glass showering me and my Kitchen. On trying to open the charging chamber the locking ring would not turn easily and when pressure was applied all I could hear was grinding glass particles. The internal parts were pebble dashed with glass particulate which was dangerously sharp.

On eventually managing to get the charging cylinder open and taking precautions not to get any further cuts on my hands. I emptied the Bottom part of the Charging Cylinder of the remaining fizzing water and the glass fragments. Straining it all through a J Cloth. Particle sizes ranged from 3cm down to grains of fine sand.

I consider this Device to be dangerous. If a child had been charging the Glass Carafe in my kitchen, the water and glass particulate would have hit them directly in the face.
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2013
very good product - you need to purchase a few bottles because once you get into the swing of using the this, you need to have at least 3 bottles on the go.
on 7 January 2016
Not a review but a comment. Every document and every instruction booklet for this product from these people is in German! Fine if you speak that language. Sadly I do not. You will need to source and download the necessary instructions in English.
on 28 December 2013
I love the fizzy water that the machine produces and it is fun to use.

My order was completed promptly and efficiently by the company
on 19 June 2012
This Sodastream is really Helpfully for the house hold. It consist of High Quality. You safe a lot of money and have an brilliant Taste.
on 1 March 2013
The water from this is excellent but the mechanism is a nightmare and very difficult to open after fizzing the water.