Customer Discussions > Halo 4 (Xbox 360) forum

So much for a pre order!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Nov 2012 13:08:23 GMT
So I'm greeted on November 5th with an email from amazon asking me to change my bank details (which were fine btw) and after changing which payment card to use i'm told the delivery date is moved to november 8th.

Whats the point of a pre-order if you get it later than the release?! I may as well have gone to a local store and bought it! But wait, heres the fun part! I cancel the order and my money disappears from my account! Even if i wanted to purchase the product elsewhere i couldn't! Great!

I've been sent to and fro between my bank and amazon and neither are accepting responsibility so now i'm being told to just sit tight and wait until next week when i should (hopefully) get my money back. Customer service or what?!

I for one shan't be pre-ordering from amazon ever again.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 17:59:55 GMT
So I read somewhere else that some sites do a 'pre-purchase' system. Surely this would help avoid an issue like the one above. Anyone know why amazon waits until the last minute to make the transaction?

Posted on 8 Nov 2012 14:08:34 GMT
Looking at the forums there appears to be significant amount people who haven't yet received there copy of Halo 4 (me included). As it's now 3 days I would suggest that Amazon have been unable to fulfill all it's orders and the games haven't actually been dispatched at all. I've now cancelled all my pre-orders with Amazon.
I would implore everyone affected to log onto the BBC Watchdog website and "send your story".
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Halo 4 (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  7 Nov 2012
Latest post:  8 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (803)