Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) forum

So how's everyone finding it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Apr 2008 19:21:43 BDT
How far are you all? Found anything cool? Done anything cool or seen something funny?

My funniest moment so far would have to be driving at night with no headlights and thinking the alley i was going down led back to the road but i slammed into a barrier flew out of my windscreen down a 100ft drop. Pain. Think it was near the docks somewhere, you know that road that has the huge cliff on one side.

Also does anyone else think that shooting people feels absolutely brutal, way more than any other GTA's. Makes me feel bad when i do it :P Especially when i nail the hot dog man outside my hideout.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 20:21:32 BDT
Nico Lecocq says:
I LOVE the game. Think it is fantastic. Just the driving is a little difficult at the beginning, but after a few hours you get used to it.

But for the rest... It was worth the wait! Amazing graphs, characters...

10/10

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 20:24:18 BDT
Anton Holt says:
amazing cant get over driving is diff i like the faggio mopeds lol

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 20:30:23 BDT
Yeah i've only seen one moped, it was so lame lol. Not gotten on a proper bike yet.

Driving is alot more realistic, cant get round corners at speed so much anymore.

I find aiming very hard too, lock on doesn't lock where you want it to alot of the time. But i guess i've been a long time PC gamer so i'm used to precision.

And isn't it weird how niko leans into his turns even when he's walking? who seriously does that? :P Running I understand... but common... walking?

Gotta do some uni work now so no gaming for a bit!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 21:00:39 BDT
Doesn't really feel as good as San Andreas to me, but it's still pretty good. The story is as by the numbers as ever.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 21:17:41 BDT
Haha, funniest moment for me so far was getting absolutely trashed at the beer gardens with Roman and attempting to drive a motorbike, i ended up driving flat out up a hill and into an enormous jump, needless to say we landed on our arses with Roman laughing his head off.

The way Niko moves when he's drunk is absolutely priceless lol

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 22:41:12 BDT
Tried driving michelle home when drunk. It ended badly.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 23:13:35 BDT
T. Dennison says:
the worst thing when drunk is that even i feel sick when looking at the screen, have to stop after like 10 seconds of driving!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 23:27:01 BDT
D. J. Watson says:
I've done a few missions so far, by-the-numbers missions so far but not too difficult that it puts you off having another go when you fail which is good.

My first impression of the game was that I was a little unimpressed with it, I thought the graphics were a little poor and the game was quite sluggish, however after a couple of hours everything started to fall into place, the graphics are astounding really and the lighting effects are wonderful, driving cars takes a little getting used to but now I'm doing handbrake turns like a pro when being chased by the police.

So much to explore its going to take ages before I even start to scratch the surface.

Haven't done any fun stuff yet as I still want to try and get properly used to the controls, looking forward to trying the drink driving :)

I tried online but it couldn't connect, I'm leaving it for a few days as I suspect a LOT of people will be trying it.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 09:23:41 BDT
Anyone else getting overwhelemed with phone calls and texts? Everyone loves niko but he doesn't havetime for them all :P They always phone me when i'm in the middle of something. I was meant to be following this guy without him seeing me on foot but my phone rang and he ran off.

Went to a strip club too, got me a lap dance and I found a shotgun in their security office, double wammey!

Love driving cars that are on fire, especially when the fire is comming out of the wheels and you are going at 100mph and it looks like your car has flaming devil horns.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 09:55:12 BDT
A. Gamer says:
I enjoyed finding a rear wheel drive car, holding the brake and accelerator at the smae time, spinning round in circles with smoke pouring off the tyres until they burst, then trying to drive around with no back tyres. Great fun! Also spent some time in the strip club. You can put your phone on sleep mode which will stop you getting phone calls or texts that have anything to do with the story - effectively puts the story on hold to give you a chance to mess around without interuptions.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 10:14:29 BDT
Lee Dailly says:
I've not played it for that long but everything ive done has been awesome.

Does anyone know how to hail a taxi?

I cant seem to find what button to press anywhere!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 10:26:42 BDT
A. Gamer says:
To hail a taxi you press L1 when a taxi with it's light on goes past, but they don't always stop. Once one does stop, you have to hold down Triangle to get in as a passenger.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 11:13:15 BDT
Lee Dailly says:
thanks i'll try that later. i had a quite look at the xbox gta page and there really slating the driving and a few people the graphics.

Hows everyone with the PS3 version finding it?

i think the graphics for a game of this size are amazing and the driving is more realistic but with a bit of practice its fine.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 11:20:47 BDT
De:EJaY says:
I love it, i played for 3 hours when i got in from work then was annoying my partner so i turned it off but all i'm thinking about is playing it again tonight haha!

I accidently hit Michelle that was funny and bad at the same time as she didn't wanna see me for a bit, can't blame her really lol

Also driving while drunk is amusing! so hard to do, i remember giggling when some girl said "OH MY GAWD" when i hit someone!

love the game really worth the wait!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 11:49:38 BDT
DJ Kelly says:
I am loving the game but there is one thing that is annoying me abit. I find that when driving in a vehicle and you have a passenger or you are on the phone, you can barely hear the conversation and I'm worried I'm missing parts of the story because of this.
Also, is there any way of getting drunk when Niko isn't on a date or with a friend? I just want to get him legless (literally) and go driving without having to take someone home

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 12:07:53 BDT
N. Jones says:
i took michelle out on a first date and she wasnt too receptive when i mugged a fellow pedestrian to help pay for our bowling experience (which turned out to be free). on the second date she had no problem with me jacking a car to get to our destination and i even got laid. re-sult!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 12:08:58 BDT
N. Jones says:
i struggle to decipher conversations full stop sometimes and theres no way to increase just the voice volume.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 12:15:05 BDT
Adam says:
in cars turn the radio off press and hold left on the dpad. or you can use L2 to decrease the radio volume. (R2 to increase)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 12:21:57 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 4 Jun 2008 13:49:51 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 12:22:26 BDT
N. Jones says:
i hope ur gta character dies and doesnt come back to life.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 12:40:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2008 12:41:30 BDT
Adam says:
thanks, sorry for giving you advice, wont bother next time,

(sits waiting for my jones with RPG in hand)

thought it was a simple solution, turn the radio down, tv up = voices are louder!! NOOOOOOOOOOBBBB ALERT!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 12:42:47 BDT
Adam says:
wheres the phone book gone then, lets see where mr n jones lives in loughbrough :P so i can send him a get well soon card, liberty city is going to mess him up
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  29 Apr 2008
Latest post:  30 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (306)