Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop now

on 3 January 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this Harlequin compilation book. The stories are just long enough to be satisfyingly developed, but just short enough to read in one or two sittings (depending on your reading speed).

Usually, in a compilation like this I engage with one or two out of the three stories, but in this book I was pleasantly surprised to find I connected to all the stories and characters. I love the fact that in each the characters share a past together and have `unfinished business' and a lingering attraction which they must decide to either ignore or allow to change them. The intense, dangerous circumstances created by the ice storm beautifully throws together the couples, forcing them to confront realties and feelings long buried, and I love the juxtaposition of the biting cold outside and the fiery passion inside!

My favourite aspect of the books is how they interconnect - how a seemingly minor element of one book becomes a major plot point in another. It makes for very satisfying reading indeed. I also liked the storyline about the missing child, and how the emotion this creates in the community acts a catalyst for emotion rising within the characters.

Overall, a super Harlequin read - perfect for dipping into over the winter while curled up someplace warm, and guaranteed to leave you with a lovely warm, fuzzy glow.

I was offered this book in exchange for a fair review via NetGalley.
on 28 March 2014
great book easy feel good read, typical Shannon Stacey book that's un offensive and keeps you reading and wanting more
on 20 March 2015