I bought this in a fit of desperation after rushing home for baby's naps every day like Cinderella and the stroke of midnight.
I was able to get baby to take one nap in the stroller, but it was also in a very quiet, cool, somewhat dark place while my husband and I waited and made no absolutely noise with the portable sound machine going. However, my baby only seems to be able to sleep in two places (crib or car seat), so I can't fault the product here.
In any case, my impressions of this product:
- fit better on our Uppababy Vista than our G-Luxe stroller, where it gaps a little more around the frame, but seems capable of fitting on a variety of strollers
- did make it a little stuffy inside. Wish it had more reflective material on the outside to at least reflect sun more efficiently. This is less of an issue though since we moved to somewhere with less sunshine and seems better suited now for protecting against really light rain, debris in wind, and bugs while providing a little more insulation for baby when outside
- good construction, though I did have to reinforce the sewing on the snap straps since a few started opening up after switching them between strollers and washing it 2x
- it may not make your baby sleep in the stroller, but it's a nice way to protect them from the sun if you don't want to slather your baby in sunscreen every time you head out in the sun. Since we use a physical sunblock, which gets everywhere and seems impossible to remove, this was a nice alternative
- definitely worth upgrading to this version, which makes it easier to take the baby out without fiddling with the sunshade itself.
- great customer service
- Amazon's price can't be beat! I purchased this over a year ago directly from the retailer (with a discount!) and am jealous of the price being offered on Amazon :)
- one suggestion for improvement would be to make the top peek-a-boo "window" with two zippers instead of one, so you don't necessarily have to peek into the baby from the one end where the zipper starts