Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.00

on 1 September 2010
Snodgrass Vacation is a very visual book with well-crafted characters. I swear, I think I've met some of them in real life. I enjoyed all the different references to Disney, and it really made me think perhaps my own vacations weren't nearly so crazy as I once believed. The added story about trying to catch a scam artist kept the story fresh and intriguing. I particularly liked the tunnel part. If you enjoy off-the-wall situations, this book is definitely for you.
on 31 December 2010
Hello,

I just finished reading Snodgrass Vacation by Dave Conifer. I found the book to be delightful and entertaining for many reasons.
The interplay between Dave and Vinnie was interesting. Just trying to find out how Dave would react to some of Vinnie's dialog was enough to keep me turning the pages. I felt both of these characters were well developed.

The character Nancy was a character that you could both admire and hate. She was domineering, yet at the same time, her methods seemed to help both families enjoy their vacation more than they would have had her personality been less domineering. Her character was well developed.

The character Marcie was adorable. I hope if the author writes a sequel he will further develop that character. I'd love to see where that leads.

Of the children, I think Kyle was the most developed character.

I found the descriptions of the experiences with the crowds to be entertaining. I've never been to such a huge theme park, but I have been to Opryland in Tennessee. My experience there mimicked in miniature many of the experiences related in the book. I even saw some people drop out of the line for the river raft ride after seeing some passengers emerge soaking wet, so in that regard I could really relate to the story.

In some ways this book is a study in human behavior in such an environment. I haven't been a really major theme park, but as I said before, I have been to a smaller park, and what I witnessed there is enough to convince me that the author is probably close to the truth on the behavior of many visitors.

All that, and funny too. Now that is an achievement.

The author told a good story that was entertaining. I highly recommend the book.

Well done sir.

Sincerely,
Ricky
on 22 February 2011
Whilst I recognized some of the characters in Dave Conifer's Disney-inspired pseudo-diary, I was less than gripped by this book. The style is frequently pedestrian, and the editor deserves to be sacked for letting through simple grammatical errors ('there' used incorrectly twice, for example) which children are red-penned for in school.

The characters are generally well-drawn, if a little monochromatic, and the increasingly smug and annoying Vinnie could have been such a winner in the hands of a good writer.

I know this book only cost 71p, but I still can't recommend it. Much better, I think, to spend your money on Matt Rudd's 'William Walker' books and have a good laugh with a genuinely talented author.
on 3 January 2011
I downloaded this for my new Kindle, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the Snodgrass theme parks. Each ride described brought back memories of when my family went to the Disney and Universal Studios theme parks.
The added twist of trying to discover if Van Morrison was faking his injury added to the story.
Very easy to read, and would like to see a follow up in the future.
on 14 October 2014
Hehe loved this book i have a family member just like Nancy! A great read if you have been to Walt Disney world Florida