In this collection of his travel writing, his award-winning pieces about eating snake in China, taking a taxi ride through troubled Belfast, and walking the hair-raising levadas of Madeira are all included. Also here are other evocative accounts of his experiences:
* camel-trekking in the Sinai Desert
* helping to drink a bar dry in Guyana
* dodging orangutan dung in Sumatra
* canoeing in Venezuela's Orinoco Delta
* touring Paris at night on a bike
* discovering Viking toilet habits
* going to a country that doesn't exist
And capturing the atmosphere of Jamaica, the South Pacific, Armenia, Georgia, Guatemala, Mexico, and Athens in these 56 travel pieces that add up to 71,000 words and 246 pages in the printed edition.
Julia-Jean Andrews on Smashwords:
"I've always enjoyed a good travel book and this is one of the best. You can dip into individual chapters and let Mike Gerrard take you around the world. I also enjoyed how Mike describes the various local foods...Well...Apart from the snake!"
Visit Mike Gerrard's website: