Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 29 October 2012
I bought this mask to complete a full size zombie mannequin I built for the annual Halloween tomfoolery. When it arrived I was stricken with the uncontrollable urge to don the mask and creep up the stairs, looming up behind my eight year old son who was concentrating on his computer game. Suffice it to say that the resultant screams could be heard in the next village and the therapy session is booked for next week.

For the money, this mask is pretty good. Reasonably realistic and scary enough to give your children nightmares. I agree with previous reviewers who say that the edges of the eye holes press on your eyes. This is a bit uncomfortable and might explain why the mannequin looks a bit peeved. Might be more bearable with some cotton wool or similar glued to the inside of the eyelids.

Looking forward to Halloween when my zombie will be prowling the driveway looking for trick or treaters....
on 25 October 2011
When the mask came through the post it looked just as good as it did on the screen on purchase. The only down side to the mask is the eye holes are set in such a way that it makes the material stick into your eyes, therefore making the mask uncomfortable to wear especially for long periods of time which is of course it's purpose. Unfortuantly this is a problem that cannot be avoided everwise this would have been a brilliant mask. I would like to add that the service and delivery time was excellent and the mask is very realistic and well made.
on 16 October 2013
The product image on this page is an accurate depiction of what the mask looks like. Just be aware, the real thing is more blue than the grey/blue colour in the photo here.

For the price, the mask is far better than the plastic affairs you will likely find in the average supermarket. I am pleased with it and will use it, but I must make some modifications first. As others have mentioned, the fit of the mask is fairly good and will have had to be made using average measurements. A side effect of this is that where it doesn't quite fit so well can cause some comfort problems.

The way the eyes have been moulded means, for me anyway, that while I'm wearing the mask, the indentations around the eyes inside press into my eyes. It literally touches my eyeballs and presses right into the corners of my eyes. To get around this, I am in the process of fashioning some small foam pads and will glue them to the inside of the mask just above the eye holes. This, I'm hoping, will mean the mask doesn't press against my eyes and that the thin pads give just enough clearance for it to be worn comforably. I'm also having to fit a small pad somewhere around the top of the forehead (inside) to lift the face a little. When worn, it sags slightly and makes it hard to get the position just right. When you consider the eye slits in the mask are only 1cm high, it means you have to wear the mask in just the right position or you won't be able to see at all!

The quality of the face, the colours and textures make the mask look excellent. The fake hair is what feels like thin strands of nylon thread. It looks ok, but where it is 'combed' back above the forehead in the pic on this page, this isn't how it works in reality. It has a definite fringe that hangs down around the eyes. As they are already hard to see through, this makes it harder to see. So, I'm going to have to fix the hair pulled back over the top of the head (as per the pic). Shouldn't be too hard to do.

I'm not picking fault with this mask as it really is great for the price. But, you do need to be aware that taking it out of the packet and wearing it without needing to think about making some very quick, easy and minor changes, may not happen. I've worn other latex masks in the past for Halloween and they are all similar in this respect. Unless it's moulded for your face and fitted professionally, it's unlikely you will get a perfect fit.

I'm giving it four stars because I think it will be fab once I have made my corrections to get it to fit me properly.

Well worth the money if you want a decent looking, soft latex mask for Halloween or similar.
on 17 October 2015
As others have pointed out on here, the area around the eyes makes this mask too uncomfortable to wear. HOWEVER, some double sided sticky tape, scissors, kitchen sponge and soft material will easily tailor this item to be comfortable. For the price you are paying, its worth the effort as this really does look scary, not quite from an episode of the walking dead, but not bad at all. What I did: I cut a new/clean kitchen sponge cloth into 5 pieces the size of a business card, and used double sided carpet tape/Kraft tape and stacked then on top of eachother like a pack of cards. the sponge feels a little rough on the skin, so i cut up some unwanted material and stuck this on the outside with the same tape [area that will press onto your own forehead.. and with the tape at the base, stuck this onto the inside of the mask around the mask forehead, and thats it, problem solved.
Dont let the effort discourage you, hope this helps...
on 17 September 2014
i ordered this as it looked like the mother in law.
I wasnt disapointed nothing better than having your mother in law on your face.
on 17 November 2014
Good quality and as advertised! It's too big for my face tho unfortunately (I'm only 5'2")
I had to hotglue a bit of foam strip inside on the forehead area just to push the mask out a bit so the eyeholes are not poking my eyes as other buyers have mentioned.
review image review image review image
on 30 November 2011
Just superb!! The mask is well made and durable. The only downside is the eyes are a bit tight. I mean, when the mask is on, the eye holes tend to press on your eye lids and you do get very hot. I overcame this by tying a tea towel around my forehead. It stopped the eye holes from touching my eyes and absorbed the sweat nicely in a very hot party. Everyone loved the mask and I gave a few people a good fright as they came in. 100% and great value too.
on 15 December 2012
This mask if fab . Bought it for my son for Halloween . It is really effective , i would say its only downfall is that it is rather snug on the forehead , but a problem easily rectofied by wearing a hat underneath to push it a bit forward and keep it from digging into your eyes . Not a problem since That time of year is cold anyway . My son didnt need any other fancy dress , the mask was enough . Needless to say he got loads of comments . Very reasonable in price . Happy customer .
on 3 November 2012
Surprisingly good quality, a bit difficult to see through the eye holes but it scared the ******* out of my neighbours on Halloween..... therefore worth every penny.
on 4 November 2013
The pic looks great and I thought the mask included a neck part to slip under clothing but that's because in the pic the neck and chest of the "model" has been painted to match the mask colour. The hair isn't grey it's a blue rinse" hue. Despite all this though it did manage to scare quite a few people and it ges a recommendation!