on 9 December 2011
Tried all sorts of books to encourage my children to learn. My eldest (8yrs) really enjoyed these books he will go and start using them without asking to do them now. He finds them colourful almost like a story and as we only do one exercise a night they are not too long or monotonous for him to do only taking approx 5 - 10 minutes to complete. In fact he enjoys them so much he has already asked if when he finishes this bundle can we get some more in the series to do.
on 31 August 2012
Bought this for a 7yo who was falling out of favour with my "top-up pocket money" spelling tests on a Saturday. The theme to the book helps keep her attention, as it's not quite so education and regimented, in her view.

The book covers a variation of topics and makes children think about the content and sound of the words as well as the actual spellings. I'm not a fan of phonics at all, and wanted something to help spelling without the confusion over similar sounding words and pairings. This seems to be doing the trick.
It obviously takes some parental involvement to work with the child, and some explanation of exercises is needed, but because the format is fun, it doesn't feel like she's learning. The 'rewards' of stickers seem to work well too.

Next investment will be the Maths book of the same series.
on 10 November 2010
Well designed and thought out book.
Makes spelling as fun as it can be
on 9 September 2010
i think this helped my son with spelling and reading. He never minded doing the workbook, if he found it boring it would have been a chore, it never felt that way. I will get the next age group.
on 13 August 2013
My son has never been that interested in spelling or writing, and his best subject has always been maths. I was dreading trying to get him to learn more in this subject, but needn't have worried. It's now his favourite book. Everything is explained well, so the child knows exactly what they're doing and why. It's fun too, and really makes them think about words and how they are put together. There are reward stars for good work, which go on a "Certificate of Excellence" at the back of the book, which gives them even more encouragement and incentive. A great price for getting my son to finally like spelling!
on 29 January 2013
My 8 year old daughter loved this book and having finished it has already hassled me to buy more from the series!
on 1 June 2016
I use these books as supplementary material for my kids and they are very useful. The kids enjoy them too. They are fun and not boring like other spelling books and present the material in small units so it's not overwhelming. I highly recommend all the books in this series.
on 8 February 2011
Lovely book, seen a big improvment already in my 7 year olds spelling, with stickers and easy to follow instructions, would highly recommend.
on 10 January 2015
My daughters love this series of workbooks - find them easy to follow and engaging
on 29 July 2014