on 7 August 2000
So many great books are measured by weight and volume, this is not one of them. Small steps with heavy hooves is a little gem bursting with substance, the type of substance that continues to light the path long after the last page is read or the next journey begun.
on 24 July 2000
This woman's story of courage and survival is touching, funny and uplifting to the zillionth degree. If you've ever felt a bit too sorry for yourself, read this and you'll soon put everything into perspective.
on 8 July 2008
I was MEANT to read this book! My sister is newly recovered from breast cancer. I lived, over 30 years ago, in the Speyside area and my mother and father are buried in Aberlour, the starting point of Spud's journey.I have walked the drovers' route from Knockando to Elgin (a little to the north-west of Speyside. Each year, for the last four years I have walked (back-packed) the pilgrimage route towards Santiago de Compostelle in north-west Spain - but I have NEVER camped, I never walked with a baby, I have never myself experienced the trauma of cancer. I feel so much admiration for Spud and "walked" with her every inch of her outer and inner journey. A "MUST read"!
on 6 September 2013
Very well written and inspirational, some lovely photos as well. I gave this my friend who has breast cancer to inspire her.
on 18 July 2016
great book, 2nd I have read by this inspirational writer thank you for sharing your thoughts with us x
on 14 August 2015
Loved this as i loved her other book. Quickly Posted.
on 3 April 2010
looks a good book have not read it yet,i bought another book, and when it came it was exactly the same book as mentioned above but with slightly different title.So that was annoying to say the least.