Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 February 2013
Whether you are just starting out in Slow and low cooking, an experienced chef or a competing team this is a great place to start as a reference book or a go to manual! Changed the way I cook. And Sandi's Blue Cheese and Bacon Coleslaw! Hmmmmmmmmm
on 9 September 2013
I purchased Slow Fire a few months back as a treat to accompany a new Weber grill, and I've found parts of it invaluable. The range of rib recipes is nothing short of phenomenal and worth the price of entry (the dry ribs are the best I've tasted), and the rest of the meat recipes are decent too although there isn't quite as much variation. The theory on grilling techniques etc is also fairly handy, although if starting from scratch as a beginner I'd buy something like the Pitt Cue Co cookbook to learn how to get the temperatures right.
I agree its bloody brilliant! I think rays best work to date.....
This book clearly and precisely explains how to win competitions.
Easy to use accurate recipes with clever insider secrets from Ray.
Its all there from Brisket, to wings and everything in-between.
In just 1 cooking session it has already helped to improve our entries.
Thank you Ray Lampe from Gavin Wilkinson - DOGS BBQ Team.
on 9 February 2014
Excellent book, very easy to follow the recipes and the results are very very tasty. I would recommend this book to both new and seasoned bbq'ers
on 19 June 2015
Impressed with this book. The rubs are flavourful and the sauces tasty.

Really loved the beef recipies. Tricky and time consuming but the results are excellent. A great starter to the world of smoking
on 9 February 2015
I have made a few of the recipes and rubs so far. the basic bbq rub, dr pepper bbq sauce, the smoked chicken and the brisket. all extremely easy to follow. this book is ideal for a new beginner.
on 12 April 2015
Great book, I'm a novice barbeque smoker and this book was recommended to me to get started. I strongly recommend it to anyone beginner or more experienced as the recipes and advice are worth it.
on 2 May 2012
Simple to follow and well written, this book is ideal for those people wanting to learn the art of authentic BBQ, or what is commonly referred to as hot smoking here in the UK. Not only does it cover the techniques and equipment required, it also has some really good recipes and tips.
on 2 July 2015
A great find for BBQ fanatics. Also recipes has exactly the precise portion per person so if you have friends over you just follow portion guide on top of the page.
on 27 December 2015
I actually like this book but won't be trying any of the recipes
As with all American bar b q books it's all about smoking and so elaborate