Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Oct 2009 17:00:56 BDT
L. L. Brown says:
I recently purchased a slow cooker and recipe book so that I could prepare a wholesome cooked meal before going to work at 8.30am, so that it cooked slowly all day and be ready as soon as I walk in the door at 6.00pm. Most of the recipes in the book I bought with the slow cooker said to stir or add more ingrediants half way through. Really frustrating when slow cooks are promoted to provide minimal preparation and cook, slowly throughout the day to provide a homecooked meal whilst being out of the house all day busy working! Does anyone have any tips for recipes that can just cook away all day and not need stiring half way through? Regards.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2009 08:45:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Nov 2009 17:09:56 GMT
Clementine says:
Use any stew recipe you wish and switch on low if you are out for 8-10 hours (or more) or high if it is for 5-6 hours. No need to stir in between ( which would actually make the cooking process slower...)
You will have to explore a bit as slow cookers may vary. In my old slow cook cooker everything needed to be warm (ie not necessarily hot but definitely not cold) before I left if I wanted the meat to be ready in 5-6 hours but my new one seems to cook at a higher temperature so I need not worry about that, room temperature is enough. Hope this helps a bit...

Posted on 8 Dec 2009 20:01:55 GMT
PerfumedGal says:
I have to say I have never stirred or added ingredients half way to a slow cooker. Just risk it - put it all in together and leave it on low for 10hrs. I am sure you will be happy with the results!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  19 Oct 2009
Latest post:  8 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
River Cottage Every Day
River Cottage Every Day by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (Hardcover - 5 Oct 2009)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (211)