on 7 January 2015
We have a lot of the Toy Story toys and our little boy had Slinky on his wishlist for a while now. I was a little cautious in ordering it due to several negative reviews but he wanted it so much that I couldn't deny him and made a choice in the end.

I see many people complaining about the short pull string and the fact that he doesn't stand up easily. Granted these 2 facts may vary from the animated movie but... it is an animated movie after all.

The pull string is short but I don't think it would be ideal to have a long string, it would get in the way and a really long string would definitely tangle in the slinky causing other issues. My son sits low and pulls him along just fine and even if he falls it doesn't really seem to phase him, kids find a way to continue with their play.

As for the standing up issue, again yes, this is an issue but... the dogs body is a slinky! This can't be compared to any other toy that sits up straight. Again, my son found the trick to this himself and it as simple as pulling the slinky apart 1-2 inches when propping him and he stands just fine.

Don't let the negative reviews fool you, it is a great toy and children that love the movie won't care in the slightest about these little things that us picky adults worry about too much sometimes..
on 16 September 2013
This was a gift for my son who loves Toy Story. It's a decent size and exactly what he wanted. The only down side to slinky toys is children over stretching the springs, this is our second slinky toy. Still, a lovely addition to the whole set.
on 11 February 2013
My 3 year old is very pleased with this. Though I would suggest that a longer pull cord is necessary, as this is exceptionally short. Otherwise, it appears to be fairly well made.
on 15 January 2014
Slinky Dog has now joined his fellow companions ie: Jessie, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Lotso and are all very happy in our family thanks.Happy New Year to you all
on 22 March 2014
Bought this for my little grandson's birthday. He is a big fan of Toy Story and loves this toy. Seems to be quite tough and hopefully will withstand quite a bit of knocks, etc. Would recommend this to any Toy Story fan.
on 1 June 2013
My 2 year old loves Slinky. Agree with other reviews that the pull along string is exceptionally short but i was aware of this before I bought it so was not disappointed.
on 1 November 2013
I bought this for my 3 year old son who, like most kids, adores the Toy Story films. This toy looks great but its overall function is limited; for example a normal slinky will climb rapidly down stairs whereas this one will plummet like a stone. However I am fully aware that this toy is not designed to be played with like a normal slinky (or on stairs!) and so if you are looking for a cute toy that your little ones can drag around the floor and pretend its a real dog then buy it right away. One other purpose my son found was to place smaller toys into the coils of the spring which results in some adult assistance to pull then all out again- you've got a friend in me!
on 25 August 2013
wee one loves toy story and loves slinky. Good price and quality item. would definitely recommend this item. Only wish it made a sound
on 13 March 2013
100% spot on Harry thought he was the bees knees would'nt put it down even to go home in the car with his Mum
on 30 October 2013
The problem that I have had is not with the product but with the delivery. After contacting the seller they have tracked it down and couldn't be more helpful.Please ignore my previous feedback as this is a good seller