Questions & Answers
Sling Media - Slingbox PRO-HD
by Sling Media
3.7 out of 5 stars (96)
Used & New from: £159.95
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 1-9 of 9 questions
vote
dvb-c 10 May 2014
Are you asking if it can work as a dvb-c tuner?
11 May 2014 by Jumbomcnutt
votes
If your slingbox is in the UK and connected to the internet you can view either the inbuilt tuner or your connected device(s) anywhere in the world you have internet access - I have viewed my Humax PVR from my hotel bedroom in Spain and was able to set up recordings from the tv schedule. Hope this helps
4 Aug 2014 by Red
votes
Fro my experience, that should not make any difference to the quality of the final picture. The most important thing is the the speed of internet upload from the slingbox and secondly how the speed of the signal is maintained along the journey to the slinbox and the receiving device (which is the one you can't do much about, apart from move closer to the slingbox, which defeats the point.) So long as your mobile download speed is good say 2M, should not make a difference.
19 Dec 2013 by Kindle Customer
votes
Sorry DBC. Don't know. If you have a red/white audio and yellow AV output it should work fine.
11 days ago by Timmer
votes
Not sure, I used it with Sky. Don't buy this model though, get one with HDMI
19 Oct 2014 by Dr I Hitchcock
votes
I would like to help but I don't know. I use it to send a Virgin Media Tivo signal via HDMI and it works well.
23 Apr 2014 by Amazon Customer
votes
No idea. But should, I guess. Works with my Sky+HD box.
4 Apr 2014 by Martin Hadek
votes
Please NOTE that Slingmedia App costs money. I dont think you can install the Slingbox using an Android evice I think it needs to be set up using a PC. I have used the Pro HD (and an older Pro - red version though sling dont support this) with Slingmedias app, on my Android phone running Ice Cream Sandwich, I cant say what else it will run on - you will need to purchase the App for each Android device and you do need bandwidth - it works both within the house using internal network wifi and outside using wifi or gsm data (do check your costs as it uses a lot of data) - on my Phone its difficult to use the remote control features as the size of the screen is small and my fingers are large. You have access to what ever devices you have set up with the Slingbox, ie the Coax input or other devices you have installed ie my PVR. I have not tried hooking my phone to my TV via HDMI to see what the picture looks like. Note you can use a laptop notebook or computer to view slingbox remotely too, at no cost for an App. You do also have access to the full remote control of your device so you can set recordings up for future viewing and also watch live and or other recorded media. Note DO NOT rely on the internal tuner of the Sling box it is SD only does not have a channels list/tv guide- the Pro-HD software has been updated to so that the internal tuner does not crash but the Pro's tuner fails - see comments elsewhere. MySlingboxes are connected to Humax PVRs - the HD-Pro to a Freesat box, the HD to a Freeview box Hope that helps you
17 Feb 2014 by Red
votes
Hi Yes I think it will. Check their website http://uk.slingbox.com/go/slingbox-prohd Regards Jon
17 Feb 2014 by Jon H. Faiers
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers