Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Jul 2012 16:20:28 BDT
M. Nash says:
Is this a steam version or stand alone PC game

Posted on 25 Jul 2012 12:03:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Jul 2012 12:04:10 BDT
F. Gonzalez says:
Steam Version, its a steamworks game, you can check it here : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1712878

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2012 15:05:24 BDT
M. Nash says:
Thanks man, I would prefer to buy it without steam...will have to look somewhere else. Thanks again

Posted on 4 Aug 2012 20:58:22 BDT
A. Sharma says:
You can't buy it without Steam, as Fernando said, it's a Steamworks game, meaning you'll be forced to activate and play the game through Steam. Not optional.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 23:23:14 BDT
M. Nash says:
Thanks mate bought it from gamestop.ie same price as amazon with delivery.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Aug 2012 17:13:30 BDT
witcher 2 great game DRM FREE how all pc games should be, if you buy a game retail you own it, why should you have to use steam, i agree with this guy , steam puts me off buying a game, retail games should never be on steam, only games people buy from steam because steam is force people into have to use steam to play a game when they dont want steam , just want be able buy a game retail from a store and play it DRM FREE like u can witcher 2

Posted on 10 Aug 2012 03:16:39 BDT
M. Nash says:
HERE HERE :)

Posted on 10 Aug 2012 08:55:43 BDT
omar says:
If you buy the boxed edition of the game (instead of off steam), how many activations do you get?

If I activate it once on steam, can I trade it back or list it for sale, also this isnt games for windows is it?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2012 09:31:48 BDT
F. Gonzalez says:
No, you cant trade it, once you have activated it, its permanently on your steam account. And you shouldnt worry about activations limit, you only need to use the key once, later you can install the game when you want with your account.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 13:55:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Aug 2012 17:56:48 BDT
P. Maurice says:
I love Steam for no disc requirements and bargain sales. You can buy cheaper retail games (for free if you know where to look) and activate them on Steam so win win.

Posted on 11 Aug 2012 14:27:26 BDT
omar says:
ohh ok thanks for the advice, I was just weighing up whether to get this on pc or ps3

Pc will look alot better - doesnt it have a special extra textures pack? and will give me a chance to try out my new 670 (I saw some gameplay on a 580 superclocked and it looked great!), it is also cheaper by about £12. It is my understanding you cant trade or resell the boxed edition of the game, so would likely purchase of steam.

PS3 once I have finished with the game I can trade it in (I sometimes keep games - will have to see what it plays like before I decide)

Appreciate your input.

Posted on 16 Aug 2012 20:45:53 BDT
S. Lornie says:
Whats wrong with steam exactly? It's has some great uses and certainly reduces the amount of hassle for finding patches etc.

Posted on 17 Aug 2012 01:27:09 BDT
W. Bodmer says:
Steamworks isn't that bad and you can always have the option of redownloading your games in the future if you want, if you lose the disc your screwed. Also most people who pc game have steam installed anyways, and if you buy a pc game at retail (I do a lot)it's because of price and crappy internet where it takes too long to download a 5gb+ game. I'd rather get the disc and install that to my account than wait hours to download the whole thing through steam.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Aug 2012 16:47:19 BDT
Nisei says:
How do you install from disc and then add it to steam?

Posted on 25 Jan 2013 16:45:09 GMT
With the Steam version, you install, and the install process with either a) launch Steam, or b) install Steam. After that, it will prompt for unlocking the game with your CD-Key. This will be processed, added to your account, and you can install from disk, or download,

I just activate key, with "Add Steam game" bottom left when opened. And install when I want to.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2013 00:40:33 GMT
I prefer Steam. You don't buy a game, you pay for the license to play it. That is all. The publishers own the game, we do not. Steam is much better than GfW:L which is truly bad.

Steam has its downsides as well. Offline mode is easily fixed by closing it properly. Then shut down your computer as Windows FORCES it out from memory and going into offline mode from there will make it fail. Try it, and you'll see. Unless it's changed now
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  23 Jul 2012
Latest post:  4 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sleeping Dogs - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Sleeping Dogs - Limited Edition (PC DVD) by Square Enix (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (29)