Size: Large|Colour: Black / Yellow|Change

on 9 August 2013
After using cheaper skins I found this to be of much higher compression & therefore not actually as comfortable to waer but you get the feeling it is probably doing a better job for you. When you are active (cycling playing cricket) You actually forget you are wearing it but when not active you are certainly conscious that you have it on. It is definitely on the snug side which needs considering if you are on the top end of your size range & is not quick to put on & adjust correctly. However it is extremely well made All in all good product.
on 12 June 2012
Been looking for a Skins product for a while and finally decided on this. my first test was a 60 mile bikeride around london for charity at night. All I can say is that this thing rocked!

Be sure to check the sizing guides thoroughly as you need to get a perfect fit, to tight and you'll be compressed to smithereeens and to loose and it wont work properly. I'm of a slightly skinny build and anout 6' 2" so got a large and it fits perfectly. A bit awkward to get off and on but once there its like a second skin. Hence the name i guess!

The material has the amazing ability to keep you warm under a top layer and when I finished at 9am the sun was blaring yet the top kept me cooler than if I wasnt wearing it.

I'm not so sure about the spiel with it keeping your mucles compressed and having less fatigue but it definately wicked away all the sweat making sure I didnt catch a chill when I stopped, and the way it hugs the body certainly sent chills up my spine.

All in all definately worth the price and it'll perform better than most tops of its kind. I think I might but another one actually!
on 29 July 2013
I bought this for my running mad husband and he loves it. Good at wicking the sweat away.
Although as its tight a challenge to get off.
on 11 January 2015
As described, this is a compression top and really does exactly that. Once inside its nearly impossible to get out of it. Excellent for long runs and keeping the body warm under several thin layers. I got the large though would take small to medium in most clothes and this was super tight, so take this into consideration when purchasing.
on 5 December 2013
Bought this for my husband to train in it. He absolutely loves it.
We are so pleased by all our new training gear that we even got 2 of our friends to buy running kit by Skins.
I would recommend it.
The price here it's so much better then most places I looked to find the same product so don't think twice just go for it.
on 11 February 2013
This thing really deserves the money! I feel comfortable running in this. It is as if you were in a shell and as soon as you take it on you, it's a bit chilly in a pleasant and unusual way; from the pressure on the blood vessels. When running the chilly sensation disappears and indeed it carries away the moisture leaving your skin almost dry (it depends what do you wear on top of it). I agree that if you normally wear M, this should be L as it was in my case; thanks to the other reviewers. It seems that I ran faster and more steadily having this, as opposed to normal fluffy clothes. It sticks to the body and has some mesh underarms for ventilation. When you stop running for a while you won't feel freezing surrounded in your own sweat but you might feel your pulse beating through the whole area surrounded by this special fabric; a nice feeling.
on 20 March 2016
Awesome top. Use it training, indoors and out. I live in Scotland, so on an average winter, fall, spring time - the thermal top might be better.
I use mine with a quick dry synthetic to-shirt combo and can be abut chilly starting off some days, but running quicker and attacking hills better keeps me warm - it's training after all.
Sports wash, don't use fabric softener or it'll wreck the materials breathability properties. Detergent only and don't tumble. Also be aware putting this top directly on top a radiator - it get little crinkles in it..?!
Mine is still going strong after two months of almost constant use, every other day.
I used it recently in an off-road half marathon that includes several full submersion sea dips and it was epic: held no water and I never got cold (apart from the shock dipping!!)
on 18 February 2014
Followed manufacturers sizing instructions but these are very tight and difficult to get on/off, especially after excercise when you're sweaty.
Keeps you warmer in the cold winds but I'm not sure if they help with recovery or distance.
on 31 October 2013
I feel like a marvel hero

Novelty though, not saying don't get it just think about what it will do for you.

My purchase was a result of; winter cold, skins recommendations and the need for a base layer.

Wickers your heat making you cold unless you have a layer with it (Fantastic heat retention with a jumper, not exaggerating) or start running.

It has a polyester armpit, the stitching rubs unless you put it on right which is hard as it's TIGHT!

A good base layer, don't be that guy wearing it as a tight top to show off your muscles. I've seen a guy who looked average but was a beached whale in this top. "You gutta be lean to wear just this top!"
on 24 July 2015
Product is of exemplary quality which is to be expected from this company. The one bit of advice I would offer to people buying is to be vigilant of the size guide. The product is skin tight and should be worn as such to get the benefit of its features. However, I'm 6,3 and about 85kg and I went for the large even though the size guide recommends I have medium and it's perfect on me