Size: 9 UK|Colour: Brown|Change

on 2 June 2015
I absolutely love the style and look of these shoes, so much so that I bought two pairs in different colours. But I have to give a serious WORD OF WARNING regarding these shoes. As inicated by other previous comments the biomechanics of this shoe present a significant risk of turning ones ankle. Unfortunately on only the third wearing of these shoes I sprained my ankle very badly. I had to take time off work and 3 months later I have had to return to the doctor as I'm still struggling with it. I am now having xrays and ultrasounds to assess the damage.

On closer inspection of the shoe itself the mini sole present on these shoes is incredibly thin (in terms of width). To give some perspective, I am average height, weight and build and the width of my foot at the heel end below the ankle is 7cm. I've checked all the shoes I own and all have a width at this point of at least 7.5cm (some as wide as 9cm). The sole width on the Odesa Garedo shoes is just over 5cm! i.e. the sole width of the shoe is nearly 2 cm thinner than the width of my actual foot!! As a result there is a very real tendency for the shoe to roll and unfortunately for me it's damaged me badly. I haven't sprained my ankle since I was 16 (some 25 years ago) so when it happened, straight away I knew something wasn't right.

To their credit Skechers customer services have been very helpful and i'm hopeful of a refund. To re-iterate, I really like these shoes but there is a serious design flaw in them so I'd highly recommend that people considering buying the shoe perhaps try them before buying to see if they feel it'll cause them a problem in the same way it has for me.
on 21 July 2013
I liked the look of these shoes, they look like worn in, trendy and are quite fashionable. They are comfortable and I find the sizing to be true to most other trainer sizes, like Nike for example. Only critique I have is that the soles seem quite thin and also they have some strange hessian strands embedded in the sole material, so when the sole starts to wear away slightly, the hessian strands are exposed and it looks a little redundant and odd. No doubt this is clearly a aesthetic look they want to present, but I think they should have made the soles thicker without compromising the sole with this other material. They can be compared with a Converse shoe, but i wouldn't go running in them or doing anything that requires going over rocks as the soles just aren't thick or absorbent enough for those types of activities.
on 17 June 2013
These look good for me - It's something different from the usual white toe 'Converse' type trainers, so that's what I wanted and that's what I liked. One thing I have to advise though, my usual size is UK 9, but I had to get size UK 10 for these, so bear that in mind.
...but I recommned them!
on 20 July 2013
i ordered a pair of these shoes yesterday mens skechers Odessa and today i`ve had a look at the reviews, Boy, - was i sorry that i didn`t read them first, on the few pages that i`ve looked at are lots of complaints about them being too small, so it looks as if i`ll be sending them back for a bigger size. So my question is ,- Is it a simple process ? Judging by the amount of people who are complaining , - it can`t be , otherwise why didn`t they do it instead of complaining about it and perservering with them. Anybody got an answer to this. I`ve taken delivery of these now and true to form , they were too small . ive had to sell them over at a loss as the sending back process is too convaluted, i can`t print my own labels, [What am i a Post Office?] and the shoe - box was a few centimetres too big to go into their hole in the wall method, but i never found this out until after i went through the process of filling all the form out.Idon`t think i`ll bother in future . Too much hassle.
on 10 May 2013
bought these as a bargain, size 8 was more like a size 6, couldn't get it on my foot...sent back. maybe bad labelling / bad batch as Skechers normally fit perfect.
on 19 November 2014
Had some of these, picked up from a local Sports Direct store, size 11, fit good. These however, aithough a size 11 as well, ordered through Amazon are about half an inch smaller in length when placed next to my old pair. They also crush my toes, don't remember this happening with my old pair. Wearable though, just, which is the reason for two stars or it would have been one.
on 25 April 2013
Followed the advice another reviewer and order size 12, larger than normal. However sizing was closer to a 10.5 in my opinion.
on 5 August 2013
Great shoe good value but. Buy the bigger than normal size Great with jeans. Very comfortable typical Skechers as always
on 12 April 2013
Nice looking but unfortunately very uncomfortable shoes. I bought one size larger than I usually wear and they still felt too small, so if you buy them go for at least a size and a half bigger. They also felt like they were rubbing my heel because of the stitching that keeps the fabric in place. Not recommended for anything except very short walks.
on 21 May 2014
I already own 2 pairs of these particular trainers and have worn them constantly as they are a great fit, because of this I decided to invest in a third pair but found them both small and narrow fitting....so uncomfortable in fact that I had to send them back which is unfortunate.

See one answered question