Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

Colour: Green/brown|Change

on 13 September 2009
This item was exactly what it said it was. The only draw back was the lack of assembly instructions. It came with 1 sheet of paper with a drawing of the poles and the canvas and that was it. That aside once it was up there was room for me to stand in the middle of the centre section [I'm 6ft 3"]. The tent dispelled all of the water[rain] that came down over the 4 days we used it. The photos were very desceptive of actual size of living/sleeping space. On the whole this was well worth the money. Though for an extra £10 you could get the Toronto which has more living space.
on 2 July 2014
I did a lot of research before buying this tent. I was looking for something that wasn’t too expensive yet really waterproof. I found lots of negative reviews on other brands and models around this price point and eventually settled for the Skandika Daytona. I took the tent to Glastonbury where there were numerous downpours of biblical proportion throughout the weekend. I spent the first day watching bands, fretting about the soggy mess I’d be returning to in the evening. Not one single drop of rain leaked through. I was amazed. Some of the reviews said it was difficult to erect and came with limited instructions. That says more about the users than the manufacturing – it couldn’t have been simpler. The poles were colour-coded and incredibly straightforward to assemble. One piece of advice I would offer would be to peg out the ‘back’ bedroom first, before the outer 2. That was the only issue we had. The inner rooms were spacious enough – we had a double airbed in one, a single in another and used the third for storing bags etc. The ‘living’ area was incredibly spacious, allowing 3 chairs plus room for more. It’s always a bonus when you can stand up inside as well. I would definitely recommend this tent.
on 10 July 2015
Was a bit tricky to put up for the first time as it was really windy. My advice would be to get everything out of the bag, peg the centre ground sheet down where you want the tent to be, then peg out the 3 separate sleeping compartments at the edges of the centre compartment ground sheet. Next lie out the outer cover and place the poles in all while flat. Then with an extra pair of hands start to bend the poles into position. NOTE: it may seem that the poles are too long to fit into the little clips at the end but the straps are adjustable so you can make them longer if needed! Then place the outer cover when upright over the top of the other parts on the ground. Then you know the parts are in the right place. Peg in the outer cover. Attach the sleeping compartments and tadaa! If only we knew this before! The first time we assembled the tent the stitching was being pulled rather tight on the sleeping compartments and it looked like it would rip. It didn't, but if you follow the above steps the top will align properly with the underneath and not pull! ALSO remember to clip on the little square over the top of the outer over before you begin putting poles in as this is the waterproof bit and can't be done once the tent is up! Double inflatable beds fitted perfectly in the sleeping compartments. Tent withstood heavy rain and thunder and lightening storm. Kids loved it.
on 11 September 2015
Thanks to a review by carlee Farley on the 10th July '15, leaving detailed instructions on how to put up the tent we found it very easy to do. As it doesn't come with very good instructions, so this was very helpful. We have even printed it out to keep with the tent for future reference. The tent is lovely, we had 3 adults and 3 children staying in the tent and loved the middle part if it and found it very useful. You can only fit 2 people in each pod but comfortably with a double/ 2 single blow up beds. It doesn't fit Camp beds in very well. It rained quite heavy on the the first night and not one drop came in, even in the middle part. Would definitely recommend, very good for the price!!
review image
on 1 July 2014
quite hard to put up as you do need to have more than two people... disappointed it didnt have sewn in ground sheet... bedrooms a littl on the small size really...
on 17 August 2015
Bought this for a festival and 4 of us shared it no problem. You can fit two people in each of the three bedroom compartments fairly comfortably. Easy to set up once you know how, my only criticism is the instructions are terrible but don't let this put you off, just have a go at setting it up in your garden before using it maybe.
on 30 April 2015
Excellent quality. Has everything you need. Stayed in perfect condition even during a storm.
on 2 July 2015
A bit awkward to put up, but this took us through a Scout camp and a family camp with no issues. We are a family of 5, there isn't much room when we are all in and most of our stuff is left in the central area.
on 3 September 2014
Bought this item for a family camping trip. Luckily we decided to assembled the tent before the trip as we found it was damaged. The tent material was made of poor fabric and had ripped away from one of the grounding hooks where one of the main structural poles would attach. This made it impossible to put the tent up.
All in all very disappointed by the quality of the tent as it would have been a great buy for the price. (If it was made better!) The instructions were very basic and not the easiest to understand, but the colour coded poles made it relatively easy to identify the right sleeve. (Common sense were better used over instructions here!) The actual tent material was of poor quality and I wasn't surprised that it had torn. We ended up having to buy a more expensive (slightly smaller) tent last minute from a local store.

On a positive note the customer service was great. Amazon responded very quickly to my complaint and the defective item was collected early the next day. There was slight confusion with regards to this but I couldn't complain as collection driver was fantastically understanding and amazon all in all were very good.

If your needing something for a one off trip with lots of space this tent may suit your needs. (If your willing to take a risk it may be defective!) If you plan on buying a tent for more than one holiday/trip I would highly recomend putting in a few more £££ and getting something better. - Would not recomend this item.
on 17 September 2014
this is just what the family wanted good value for money