1. Pilot In the series premiere, Nate Fisher returns home for the holidays to the shattering news of his father's death.
2. The Will After a pyramid scheme owner dies and leaves his wife and baby daughter with a load of debt, Nate (Peter Krause) offers to loan them a casket. Meanwhile, the Fisher family attend the reading of their father's will.
3. The Foot When a bakery owner is killed, it's up to Federico (Freddy Rodriguez) to put the pieces back together. The family considers selling the funeral business altogether to Kroehner.
4. Familia After a gang member is killed, the Fishers find that his family's wishes for burial differ from those of his gang leader. Nate's girlfriend Brenda (Rachel Griffiths) makes an unfavorable impression during a family dinner.
5. An Open Book Ruth is stunned by the visitors at a porn star's wake; Nate has a strange first meeting with Brenda's brother Billy (Jeremy Sisto); and Keith takes issue with David's desire to replace his father as deacon at the family church.
6. The Room An ornery widower camps out in the Fisher Funeral Home; sparks fly between Claire and Billy; Ruth spurns Hiram and is later wooed by a Russian florist; David is pursued by a pushy parishioner while performing charity work.
7. Brotherhood When a young Army vet dies of Gulf War Syndrome, his brother opts for a cremation and disposal of the body; Ruth has Hiram over to cook dinner and then takes a job with Nikolai; David's church involvement results in his casting a very important vote.
8. Crossroads In an effort to raise income, Nate and David rent out a room in the funeral home; Claire struggles to grasp the lessons of her outreach hike; Ruth attempts to reconcile her feelings about Hiram; Brenda's Aussie friend gets under Nate's skin.
9. Life's Too Short A tragedy reunites Claire with a guy who sullied her reputation at school; David and his new boyfriend run into Keith and his new partner on the disco circuit; and Ruth has an eye-opening camping trip with Hiram.
10. The New Person Nate (Peter Krause) and David hire an outspoken mortician (Illeana Douglas); Billy's photo gallery exhibit features one particularly surprising shot; and Claire frets over Gabe's inconsistent behavior.
11. The Trip Nate (Peter Krause), David (Michael C. Hall) and Brenda (Rachel Griffiths) take an interesting trip to Vegas for a funeral directors' conference; a baby's death from SIDS stuns the family; and Ruth (Frances Conroy) takes a floral-arrangement class.
12. A Private Life A gay man's murder forces David to confont his own fears about his lifestyle; Brenda's parents and Nate consider getting help for the increasingly troubled Billy...but Brenda isn't so sure that's the answer.
13. Knock, Knock In the first season's final episode, written and directed by series creator Alan Ball, the Fisher family experiences the control-freak side of Tracy Montrose Blaire; Brenda visits a remorseful Billy; David faces problems at his church.
|Starring||Peter Krause, Michael C. Hall|
|Supporting actors||Frances Conroy, Lauren Ambrose, Freddy RodríGuez, Mathew St. Patrick, Rachel Griffiths|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Didn't really know what to expect but am very pleased with another great creation from Alan Ball. I am a late comer to 'six feet under' having already seen other Alan Ball... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Ms. Sarah E. Jackson
Some good writing but I'm struggling to engage with some of the characters....I will persevere though as lots of people recommend itPublished 4 months ago by MR D