Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.49

on 4 January 2005
I received this gift for christmas even though i wasn't really into Travis. I put it and listened to it the whole way through and i have to say, it is a beautiful album to listen to. The music is not threatening in anyway. It's a type of album where you just want to chillout on your sofa, put this album on while reading a book. I recommend this album.
on 18 November 2004
I've just bought and listened to this album, and I have to say its one of the best albums I have heard in recent times.
The lyrics and music are simply wonderful to listen, and it's probably one of the few albums where I've enjoyed most if not all the songs - great stuff!!
I'd recommend it to anyone.
on 16 November 2004
I enjoyed the Amazon review and thought that reviewer covered it pretty well. I have to say, however, that these guys are way more even than really, really good, soft rock. Every one of the songs on this collection is excellent, or better. This is also a reminder why Travis is a must see live, as they are all-heart, and with each of these 20 or so songs to fall back on every night, there is no filler, whatsoever.
Furthermore, "Writing to Reach You," "Driftwood," "Turn," Why Does it Always Rain on Me," "Sing," and "Side" are CLASSICS--*transcendent* even (not to mention "Tied to the 90's," "More Than Us," "Pipe Dreams," "Indefinitely," "Flashing Blue Lights," and, now, "Walking in the Sun.") Their lyrics are "off the hook," as the kids say.
on 23 December 2004
I have to admit i luv Travis. They are such a great band who write some of the best lyrics ever. The title of the songs are just sublime. Each song has a meaning.
Well this cd consists of 18 songs from which 17 are singles. I own all the singles in view. They range from the 4 albums but also contain 'Coming Around' and 'Walking In The Sun'. All the singles are brilliant and are different. My favourites have to be 'Turn', 'Side' and 'Re-Offender'.
This is a great way to end the first era of Travis. Bring on the next one. It was great to hear them say this is not their greatest hits as they have a long future before they have finished.
To sum it up Travis are a great live band who show off indie-rock with ease. They also have 4 talented members and each can sing to ('The Distance' by Dougie). LONG LIVE TRAVIS
on 15 April 2006
Travis are one of my favourite bands simply because of their simplicity. There isnt really nothing that original or spectacular about the music or lyrics of Travis' songs, but they are all great sing alongs with good melodys that are easy to chill out to.

I have given this album 4 stars purely because I am not a fan of ALL of the whole tracklisting. However, there are some classics such as Sing, Turn and my personal favourite, Driftwood.

All in all, a great collection of Travis' hits thats well worth the purchase. If your after a chill out CD, then this ones for you.
on 25 August 2005
One of my friends bought this for me, although i hadn't really heard much of Travis i imstantly loved it. 'Why Does It Always Rain On Me?' 'Driftwood' and 'Writing To Reach You' are brilliant songs, every song is great though. Well worth buying.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 May 2013
Travis are one of my favourite alternative rock bands from the aftermath of Britpop. 'Singles' is a collection of every single they released from 1997-2004, therefore making it a definitive collection of everything they released up until that point, and serving as a great introduction to the band. With only all the hits present, and a few of their strong past studio album only tracks, any filler is avoided.

My personal favourites will always be 'Driftwood', 'Writing To Reach You' (inspired by '74-75' by the Connells), 'Flowers In The Window' and 'Why Does It Always Rain On Me?', all absolute classics that nobody I know seems to dislike.

An excellent CD of catchy pop/rock songs with simplistic lyrics. This is one of those albums that you'll find yourself chilling out to again and again. Although they have released three more albums and numerous other singles since this collection was released, I still think that 'Singles' captures the band at their best, and contains the creme of their material.
on 29 July 2010
Not a single bad track here!

Sing 5*
The Beautiful Occupation 5*
Turn 5*
The Distance 5*
on 11 February 2011
All the singles I meant to purchase and more.
One of those albums you buy and when you play for the first time find yourself saying 'I didn't know they done this one.'
When listening to track one (Sing), always imagine the Top of the Pops appearence (when the lead singer got covered in custard pies!)
on 23 February 2008
i bought this for my dad for christmas (not in a bad way!) and he's loving it. I bought it for him because i cant drive and if i have to be stuck in HIS car listening to HIS cds while he takes me somewhere then it's just excellent then we both get something to sing along to.