on 17 August 2005
Sally Bjornsen's advice on how to become a stepmother gracefully is invaluable. She takes a consistently positive, loving approach, setting an example for all of us wading through the trials and tribulations of stepfamilies. Her writing validated my concerns and frustrations when no one else could. In this book I found empathy, humor, compassion, guidance and great advice! Thank you.
on 9 December 2005
Brilliant!!! This book deals with all of the trials and tribulations of stepmotherhood with humour and a great deal of positive affirmations, such a change from the usual books I have read on the subject which quite frankly have left me feeling really disheartened and quite depressed about the situation! I would heartily recommend this book to anyone who finds themselves in the situtation of dealing with a ex-wife and a brood of step-children. It focuses on the positives without being unrealistic and most of all gives you much-needed perspective!!
on 5 July 2006
Having got exactly what it says on the book i thought it was worth a try. Once i had started i couldn't put it down. As i have had the misfortune of inheriting a PEW (physco ex wife) i felt, at last, that i wasn't on my own - someone else out there understood me - it was such a revelation! I would recommend this book to any stepmother out there who might be struggling a little, it's a great read and puts many situations into perspective.
on 26 September 2013
This book is a a good read and the author is very candid and honest. However I didn't really find it a help
on 28 June 2011
Hilarious! Having just become a stepmother to two children aged 12 and 9 and struggling with some of the emotions i was feeling, Sally Bjornsen's book has made me realise that i am not going mad and that i am completely normal!! I read it in a day and would highly recommend this book for anyone who wants a light hearted look at step parenting.
on 28 May 2008
I thought this book was going to brillant - full of humor and wonderful advice. The only good bit of advice was "drink lots of wine". To be totally honest this book made me cry into my wine, it made me so unhappy and resentful, maybe her husband wouldn't help her up if her step-kid tripped her over in the street but my boyfriend definately would! Don't judge it all by one woman's advice! If you're struggling with the whole step-kids / ex wife thing talk to your partner about it and admit you're struggling - it will do you a lot better than buying this book!
on 17 July 2013
If your new boyfriend has kids - and you don't, this is a must read if you want to keep your sanity and your relationship. In some places more American than European, but mainly it's very helpful.
on 17 May 2013
This book is fab, fun and informal it gives you the heads up on step-parenting without feeling patronised. It is a really good read and I have found it really useful knowing I am not alone!!
on 29 August 2009
i read this book after becoming a step mum /so could relate to this more it also made the book funny as it reminds you of a situation similar to hers.would i have handled things diffrently if i had read this before the step kids came along/mmmmmmmm.i would of headed for a sharp exit (LOL LOL).great book but i really think that every single dad looking for a new wife should read this .i really do think that he can see from every angle the feelings of everyone involved.
would love to hear feed back from any guys that are brave enough to read it / i truly believe this will make for a near perfect second chance at love and life.
on 6 August 2009
i really like this book, it made me feel like all the little things really get to me, are real and that there are so many other women going through similar things!! One review says it doesnt give you the answer to problems, and i really didnt expect it to, but it did have great examples i could relate to and also makes you look at things from a new persective.