Since the Surrender: Pennyroyal Green Series
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:£6.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 13 February 2015
To me, some books in the Pennyroyal Green Series are 5 star. I recommend: "Like No Other Lover", "What I did for a Duke" and "I Kissed An Earl" for a start.

Sadly, this one is not 5 star.

Rosalind and Chase have a history. When that history is revisited through the characters’ memories, there is tension and forbidden desires and sweet chemistry. We get a glimpse of the potential for their future romance.

Back in the present, that potential is not fulfilled. I felt a lack of chemistry between Rosalind and Chase. I also felt that the love scenes were more erotica than sensual romance. Many readers love erotica and that is fine, but it is not my preference. I enjoy sexy times in novels, but I need to feel the romance and sexual tension build-up first. I didn’t feel that here. Added to that, the location for one of the sex scenes did not impress me.

Julie Anne Long has set up some pretty high expectations in me. This book did not soar to the romantic heights that I know JAL has the capacity to deliver.

I did like that we got some background information, from Chase’s perspective, about Vicar Adam Sylvaine, the hero to upcoming novel, “A Notorious Countess Confesses.” I have already read that one (5 stars in my opinion), but it matters not if you read the books out of order.

Even though I did not like this story as much, I had to read it as I need to devour everything that is Pennyroyal Green.
on 18 September 2009
Rosalind March and Captain Chase Eversea once upon a time almost had an affair, 5 years on Rosalind needs help findind her missing sister and Chase is the only one she can turn to.
This book had great potential to be excellent since it has intrigue and romance, however it fell flat.
I couldnt care less about the main characters, since their conflict seemed contrived and not really a conflict at all.
Their adventures on searching for Rosalinds missing sister were boring, and unrealistic.
I still dont understand why someone with a military background like the hero, would not use his contacts to help with such a serious issue as his love interest missing sister.
The opening chapter implies that the Chase has a bad relationship with his family, when in fact its exactly the opposite.
I'm sure some people will enjoy this book, but i can honestly say that it was a struggle to finish it; not because the story is bad but because i simply could not get myself to care for the main characters or the story.
on 28 July 2014
This is another episode in the Pennyroyal Green series and another good read. Captain Chase Eversea and Rosalind March has a previous encounter some 5 years previous and now Rosalind comes to ask him for help in finding her sister who has gone missing. This is another good read in the series but not the best.
on 8 July 2012
ms long can either sweep you away in romance or in mystery plots this one though well written as ms longs stories usually are again had far too much detail on plot and again less on romance too much dialogue with secondary characters gets tiring and too predictable but very sensual i have to say
on 14 April 2015
I have enjoyed reading this series and this was just as enjoyable as the previous books. The characterisation was excellent and the storyline was enjoyable.
on 1 July 2013
Her books are full of humour and to die for romance. She has never yet let us down. I love all of her characters
on 16 February 2013
Another great book,different to other writers.very descriptive good love story on to the next in the series.well worth a read.