Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.19

VINE VOICEon 11 January 2013
This is a decent enough novel based around flying and is reasonable enough entertainment. Having experienced the life of a pilot in Africa, I can certainly relate to a number of the trials our central character faced. There are a couple of loose ends (what happened in the end with the dead pilot's family?), and some parts of the final third stretch credibility somewhat. Set those aside though, and you'll enjoy this book - especially if you're a GA pilot.
on 10 September 2012
I find it impossible to resist books on flying. For God's sake, one would imagine that with over 22,000 hours P1, both at Her Majesty's expense and as a wage slave with various airlines, I would have had enough of airborne literature but no... this fine book joined the collection. A true page turner, it is almost impossible to put down. Thoroughly enjoyable and written by someone who knows his stuff!
Well done Chris!

best wishes
Allen Murray
Author of "Skytrucker" also on Amazon!! (hows that for a plug!)
on 6 August 2011
I don't fly general-aviation aircraft like the hero of the story but I do fly a paraglider so I wasn't so sure of some of the flying terms, although this didn't get in the way of a cracking tale. A thrilling start leads you into an action packed adventure. Incredible to think that most of it happened as told. I'd recommend it to anyone but especially if you have an interest in aviation. Having the Glossary at the end of the story was a bit of a pain until I mastered book marking it. I don't have a Kindle so I read it on my iPhone with the text white-on-black so it wouldn't disturb my wife. I read late at night in bed!

Simply a Matter of Luck
on 8 August 2011
This was my first book on Kindle and I truly enjoyed it. I particularly
enjoyed the `gritty realism' of trying to make a living in the
flying-training world and I especially liked the way that the language
makes little compromise for the non-flying reader. Why haven't we had
more stories like this, set in the general aviation world? The last one
I can remember was `Talk Down' written by Brian Lecomber in the 1970s.
If you are even remotely interested in flying, you must put this one
on your must-read list.
on 10 July 2013
The plot is set in real locations and the action & description is spot on. Many books with an aviation theme have inaccuracies which spoil it for pilots. The plot is exciting & that meant that I ended up glued to the book, as I needed to know what happened next.
on 2 January 2015
Absolutely one of the best books i have read for years ,i could not put it down,read it all in one go,please,please can we have more from this great author.
on 3 January 2015
Overall a good story but I preferred the aviation bits to the other writing in the story. Bit of a limp ending I felt.
on 10 October 2014
An excellent book for those who love flying - or just reading about it