I was looking for some inspiration to increase my Smoothie repertoire. I tend to stick to a few basic tried and tested recipes. This little book is simply amazing! Although it's non dairy, the recipes can easily be adapted. It's well. Laid out with a few basics covered in the introduction for those who haven't tried smoothie making. These include tips on blender, food preparation and, importantly, the solid to liquid ratios which ensure success.

The ingredients are imaginative and the few recipes I've tried have proved to be really yummy. I've never used peanut butter, tofu, oatmeal, cottage cheese or maple syrup in a smoothie before but now have a fresh insight into how to make not only something that tastes great, but is highly nutritious. It's a great book and I'm inspired by the content; can't ask for more.
on 21 June 2014
I have been making smoothies more and more as I am on a gluten free diet and with little to snack on smoothies are a great way to fill that gap and I can refrigerate what I do not use and have some later.

I was pleased for the advice on the choice of blender as I have a juicer (cheap one) and a blender and are never quite sure which one to go for.

I am also dairy free and I loved the way vanilla soya milk (my new treat drink) and soya yoghurt were incorporated. You have to be careful of smoothies you buy at the shops as they sneak diary in there sometimes. The Bombay Banana split is like a milkshake. Cinnamon is fast becoming a superfood, good for colds, digestion etc but also brain function and visual-motor speed - so it is great to have healthy recipes which help me incorporate it in my diet.

I was very impressed by the sheer range of ingredients used from nuts and spices to oils to fruits. This is such a brilliant and tasty way to get kids to eat fruit - they'll be begging for more esp the Mint Choc Kiwi smoothie and Toffee Apple Treat.

I was looking for great tasting new smoothie ideas, but I really was surprised at how creative and extensive this book was. Great pictures as well which was inspiring.

An excellent buy..I'm off to the shops to get ingredients now.
on 6 November 2014
I’m trying to cut gluten from my diet and smoothies are a great help with that. They are nourishing, full of vitamins and minerals, and make an excellent substitution for bread. I find store-bought smoothies a bit expensive so I recently bought a blender and decided to start making my own.

This book is a great starting point for anyone who wants to start making smoothies. It includes some smoothie tips for beginners and a handy list of useful smoothie ingredients to start with. What I liked, is that not only fruit smoothie recipes are included, but also green smoothies. That is an excellent way of also upping your daily intake of vegetables. I already tried some of the recipes and so far the Mango Medley is my favorite!
on 26 April 2014
I confess I hate cooking. It's the old joke - I only have a kitchen because it came with the house so juices and smoothies are great for me. I particularly like this book Simply Great Smoothies because the recipes are delicious, easy to prepare and if I were to invite someone round for Rhubarb and Custard, Toffee Apple Treat or a Sweet Potato and Pecan Pie, they'd most likely come again!

The only reason I'm not giving this book 5 stars is because whilst there were many images, not every recipe had a picture. Whilst the recipes and instructions are well written and easy to follow, I like to see what the result should look like. The book itself is brilliant though!
on 30 April 2014
I have recently been purchasing smoothie drinks and the like from my local shops and supermarkets for health reasons and just to inject some much needed life back into me. The trouble is they are so expensive week in and week out.

This great book and the small investment has taught me how to make my very own creations that taste absolutely wonderful saving me money in the process which is a win double.

The images and recipes are a delight with lovely tasting results every time. I highly recommend this book so stop the trips to the supermarkets and get this little gem and make some smoothies you can be proud of.
on 9 August 2014
Love the recipes. I am new to smoothies and I think its a great way to not only loose weight but also eat good stuff as well. These smoothies are absolutely amazing things. When I first started, I was simply adding fruits in the mixie with some ice and making a cocktail but there is more to smoothies then just a mixture of fruits. This ebook has interesting recipes which I am trying out. The one that I found interesting was the carrot and apple cooler, not something that I have heard of before but will try it out. The one in the picture looks heavenly.
on 2 November 2014
These recipes are fantastic! I have been trying to find smoothie recipe books to try out in my new blender and I have finally found a book that has great recipes and they are easy to follow. The author has even placed pictures inside the book, so we can see what the smoothie should look like and that was extremely helpful! So far I have tried the cinnamapple surprise and the mandarin marvel and they were both delicious! I highly recommend this book. These recipes are easy to follow and very healthy!
on 29 July 2014