Similar to Sharpe and Hornblower - any recommendations?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Dec 2010 18:26:50 GMT
I love Sharpe and Hornblower and now have them all on DVD and Blu-ray (Sharpe is now on Blu-ray). I am now looking for similar lavish period series or films to watch. Preferably Napoleonic era...and preferably TV series...and preferably military themes, but please feel free to recommend other period dramas or films you think I might enjoy (older than the two world wars, I've had my fill of WWI and WWII stuff). I bought Master and Commander recently and enjoyed that, too.

I would greatly appreciate your recommendations. Thanks.

Posted on 28 Mar 2012 10:36:09 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Mar 2012 01:04:46 BDT]

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 04:09:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jul 2012 04:13:53 BDT
Paul Jones says:
Damn the Defiant is a pretty good flick starring Alec Guinness along the lines of Mutiny On The Bounty. One of my favorite mini-series is "To The Ends Of The Earth" starring Sam Neil and that new Sherlock Holmes TV series chap.
Have you watched Zulu on Blu-ray? Superb upgrade.
Waterloo is a big budget movie starring Rod Steiger and Christopher Plummer, but I found it to be a little bit of a yawnfest to be honest as was Charge Of The Light Brigade.

Posted on 14 Mar 2014 21:16:19 GMT
M. D. Ault says:
For WWII TV series Band of Brothers and Pacific is worth a look. For Roman History Rome is also worth a look. (all from HBO)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  2 Dec 2010
Latest post:  14 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about