Questions & Answers
Silverline Silverstorm 264782 Electric Hoist 250kg 500W
by Silverline Tools
4.6 out of 5 stars (33)
£70.93
Add to basket
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 1-10 of 11 questions
votes
The effective length of the control cable (ie distance to the control button from the winch) is about 64". Was not prepared to scrabble around in my attic to measure the mains cable but my memory is that it is not terribly long but it's pretty easy to extend it. The winch works well and a double sea kayak dangles from it- dont ask me the weight, but it is a heavyish carry for the pair of us which may give you some idea.
19 Feb 2015 by Dr. Basil Spurling
votes
No it does not. The fixings can be reshaped but it is intended to fit a square tube. I use it with a short scaffold pole fixed in the rafters of my garage.
14 Nov 2014 by P. Titterton
votes
Extending power cable should be no problem. Just use a standard extension cable is one answer, the other is to use an inline plug/socket and any additional cable as is required. Extending controls should, on the face of it, be possible by using cable which has the same number and rating of cores. Might be better done by competent electrician if you are not sure.
13 Apr 2014 by Mr. John W. Edwards
votes
Hi Bill& Liz Mine is situated inside, but the switch does appear that it would be water tight
14 Nov 2014 by brian lundy
votes
As long as it is covered yes. The issues I had with the winch were. The wire got tangled around the winch it took some time to free this up. The speed things are actually winched up is very slow not certain if you would not do better with a manual winch.
5 Mar 2015 by Peter cartwright
votes
Mine didn't come with any bolts. But I used 17mm head bolts for mine
9 Dec 2014 by Corran
votes
Yes, I have done this with mine. The hoist has 2 U shaped brackets it hangs from. I fixed a rail made from 20 x 40 box section to my garage ceiling and the hoist will slide along. If you wanted to move it with a heavy load attached you would need to mount it on some form of wheels
23 Nov 2014 by David (Electrician)
votes
The cord on the hoist might not be long enough but if it is it will be capable of lifting 20litres.
20 Nov 2014 by Brian M.
votes
no it is 230 volt
8 Jul 2014 by Keith T.
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers