on 9 March 2010
the battery life after a full charge is sufficient only for the very shortest of tasks and cannot be relied upon for more than 15minutes very few purchasers would anticipate this.
0Comment|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2010
I have to agree that this is not a torch for walking the dog.

That said certain components used to produce this product are not up to the job that it should be expected to do. The large amount of light that is generated demands a great deal of power from the battery. This means that very early in its life the battery suffers a catastrofic failure and will no longer accept being charged.
44 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2012
I bought this torch for a friend before coming to India as he had asked for a good rechargable torch. It arrived a few days before we left UK and it was broken. The main internal battery had broken away from the casing and was loose inside. On inspection I realised I had bought a very inferior product. It is possibly worse than anything I can buy here in India but I have repaired it and hope that it will still be well received. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT> It is absolutely useless.
on 8 November 2009
Whilst I agree that suppliers should specify the battery life following a full charge, to say this torch and others like it as being unreliable just isn't the case.

It's 2 million Candle Power. It's not meant to be used for walking the dog. It's to be used intermittently where such power of light is required - ie emergencies.
To get such brightness the bulb needs to be of high wattage and obviously consumes a lot of juice. Short of carrying around a battery more suited for a car, it's battery life isn't going to be great.

If you're walking the dog, stick to the 50ish candle power mag lites or whatever.
22 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2008
I have to agree fully with the other reviewer who complained about the battery life. I queried this with the supplier who checked with the company who make it. They confirmed that on full charge the best you can expect is 15-20 minutes life. Since we too use this for walking the dog in a rural area it frankly isn't much good.
on 26 November 2011
WARNING...DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
Bought light on 18th October 2011 and was ok at start. Only had it just over 1 month and light has stopped working. Bulb ok. Plug gets very warm. Very very warm to be exact. Would not buy if had the chance again. Now looking for a replacement for looking over my field at night. Spoke to Amazon and Silverline. Neither seem to be interested in the problem.
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2008
I had the same problem, the battery died completely after several uses.. Go for a more reliable brand.
on 21 January 2010
I bought torch for my dad, it worked for 2 days and has now packed up. Wont hold a charge, do not buy very purely made product from china no doubt!!!
on 28 November 2011
Bought this torch thinking it would be a handy standby to have for the winter but was extremely disappointed, very poor quality casing etc the switch is designed so as you cannot determine which is off or on and the instructions state that the switch must be in the off position to charge needless to say that it was not charged after 48 hours in either 'switch' position so its going back.
on 22 January 2010
I was really dissapointed to find that the torch that was sent to me could not be charged and I will now have to go throungh the inconvenience of returning the item, I will not be buying again from this seller.