aninvaluable guide, taking you all the way from installation tocreating professional quality websites. (.netMagazine, March 2010).
From the Back Cover
Design Powerful websites using this definitive guide to theaward winning SilverStripe framework.
SilverStripe is a robust and exible website contentmanagement system (CMS) tightly integrated with an applicationframework. It is open source and embraces modern systemarchitecture and agile development methodologies. Intermediatedevelopers can implement powerful websites and web applicationsquickly and customize them to their needs. The award–winningPHP5/MySQL–based system saves not only time and nerves fortechnical users, but also features a straightforward interface thatnon–technical content authors will find a joy to use.
This guide helps you to:
- Get started with SilverStripe: learn the architectureand usability principles that underpins SilverStripe. Go throughthe technical requirements and installation process, and learnuseful tools for your daily work.
- Learn the CMS: practical examples show you how to usethe CMS for managing content, images, documents and forms withouttechnical knowledge. Administrators learn to set up permissions andsecurity groups.
- Develop a custom application: use MVC and other moderndesign patterns to create concise template markup and wellstructured, object–oriented PHP code. Let the authors walk youthrough the creation of an interactive recruitment website aspractical example project.
- Extend through clean code and modules: understand howSilverStripe is built on modularity and why this empowers you tobuild plugins and core extensions in an elegant, maintainablefashion.
- Use SilverStripe professionally: in–depth topics oninternationalization, security, unit testing, performance,multi–page forms and web service APIs ensure that you can buildworld–class websites.