Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 153 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2012 21:47:26 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
Haha yeah, I have 8 Screen Protectors coming from Hong Kong off eBay so hopefully they will arrive in time (I'm not good at putting screen protectors on, but I think 8 will be enough), I'll probably get a case once I order a Prime, but I always have some spare netbook cases that may fit.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on it a lot so hopefully I'm on at the right time and am finally able to order one.

Posted on 22 Jan 2012 13:12:27 GMT
Andy says:
I'm pretty happy with my grey that arrived! I do like the colour however one of my main reasons for the silver was to hide fingerprints etc which I feel the amesthst/grey shows up a lot worse. Also happy to note that I have no wi-fi issues at all! I realised that the colour is fairly irrelevant too - I haven't put it down much yet to see the back!!!

Posted on 25 Jan 2012 10:48:07 GMT
AndyB says:
Sorry if I get anyone's hopes up with this post but has there been any news about the silver since it's now 2 days away from the proposed release date and heard nothing to confirm or deny except that initial email about the delay.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2012 14:32:22 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
Nope nothing I'm still waiting.

Posted on 26 Jan 2012 21:46:09 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
Asus have said on their Facebook page:

"First units of Gold land later this week or early next week (exact date depends on customs clearance etc) - Dixons Retail and Amazon. We don't know how many back-orders they have so we can't advise whether any stock will be available once back-orders have been cleared first. We weren't aware in Dec that there would be a different delivery schedule for Gold units. More Gold units will follow to our other retailers shortly"

Should we believe what they are saying, as they have lied about Amazon having stock before.

Posted on 27 Jan 2012 08:29:59 GMT
AndyB says:
When did Asus post this bulletin? Also I'll wait till lunch before starting to investigate though I am not going to believe Asus unless the order is dispatched either today, Monday or Tuesday.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2012 08:53:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Jan 2012 08:55:13 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
They posted it on Wednesday in the comments page of the article (Asus United Kingdom) "For the best avalibility of the Transformer Prime" and it is quite a few comments down.

I personally don't think we will see the Gold until next Friday at the minimum.

Posted on 27 Jan 2012 13:20:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Jan 2012 13:34:19 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
Quick anyone who wants a Silver Prime they're in stock but they will go like hot cakes, with a long wait ahead when they sell out.

Managed to order 1 hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

EDIT: At the time of the original post there was only 5 left in stock, now it just says it stock they must have found some more.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2012 13:34:42 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
Has your order been dispatched yet?

Posted on 27 Jan 2012 14:04:35 GMT
A. Lawson says:
Pretty miffed that the silver version is listed as in stock yet my order from 26th December remains 'not yet dispatched' and there is still no sign of the email from Amazon to confirm the date, contents and delivery method on the date of dispatch as promised in their 13th January email informing me of the delay. Will be interested to know if people buying today get notice of dispatch straight away or whether Amazon are just filling their boots in anticipation of a delivery from Asus. All in all I suppose we should take it as a good sign though. Still glad I didn't crack and plump for the grey one rather than wait.

Posted on 27 Jan 2012 14:05:41 GMT
AndyB says:
my preorder now has dispatching soon, huzzah!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2012 14:09:58 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
AndyB's order has gone to dispatching soon, I think yours will change soon.

Posted on 27 Jan 2012 14:11:39 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
It's also gone back to the sign up page so I think they have sold out.

Posted on 27 Jan 2012 14:55:21 GMT
Olly says:
My silver Prime is 'despatching soon'. Estimated delivery is Monday. Yay!

Posted on 27 Jan 2012 14:55:24 GMT
JamKart says:
I pre-ordered this 16th Dec then cancelled the order after the technical issues & delivery fiasco. I then registered to be notified when it was in stock - but I didn't get an email today!!

So how long was it for sale??

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2012 15:02:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Jan 2012 15:03:35 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
Yeah I also registered to be notified when it came in stock, but I never got an email it was only that I went on Amazon to cancel an order that I saw that it was in stock.

From when I saw them in stock it was about 30 mins after that, it went to the sign up page again.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2012 15:08:36 GMT
JamKart says:
Great!! I'm tracking this thread now so perhaps someone will ping it when they are in stock again:-)

Posted on 27 Jan 2012 15:34:12 GMT
A. Lawson says:
Now dispatching soon. Hissy fit averted. Looks like they are now clearing the back-log. What odds the few that were available earlier were the ones freed up by cancellations?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2012 15:42:02 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
Use the website below as well it's very helpful. eBuyer seem to have 10 Silver in stock right now.
http://www.nowinstock.net/uk/computers/tablets/asus/

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2012 15:55:39 GMT
JamKart says:
Thanks for the info. I'd prefer to order from Amazon due to there excellent returns policy. I've registered on the site you suggested

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2012 15:57:54 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
Yeah that's the same with me Amazon is great with returns. I've noticed the Grey keeps coming in stock then going out of stock 10/20 mins later so maybe the Silver will be like that.

Posted on 30 Jan 2012 08:04:19 GMT
KaiElite307 says:
Silvers in stock for anyone wanting one, not sure how much stock they have.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2012 08:07:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jan 2012 08:39:48 GMT
JamKart says:
Ordered one now - thanks for the update

Posted on 3 Feb 2012 07:32:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Feb 2012 00:37:31 GMT
Keef says:
Update:: I ordered mine (silver) on Feb 2nd. An estimated delivery date was set on Feb 9th for Feb 18th. It was dispatched Feb 14th. Status: In Transit. :)
--
Silver available to order again at 499.00. But "Usually dispatched within 10 to 13 months." which I guess is another way of saying "waiting for stock to come in." Hmm.

Posted on 3 Feb 2012 16:29:28 GMT
AndyB says:
well after having the tracking information was very impressed that it was put on the boat and arrived on Jersey Monday (sent Sunday). However I have now been slapped in the face by both customs and Paul Davies devliveries due to finding out that customs sat on it for 3 days, got a call to pay the tax yesterday (Thursday) at 9:15am, paid at 9:30am and I STILL haven't had it delivered by 4:30pm. The really annoying thing is I know where their warehouse is, I could drive there in 20 minutes and pick it up for myself. Anyway rant over hope everyone else has been having better luck than me.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1 inch Tablet with Keyboard/Dock - Champagne Gold (Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core 1.3GHz, RAM 1GB, Storage 32GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Android 4.0)
Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1 inch Tablet with Keyboard/Dock - Champagne Gold (Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core 1.3GHz, RAM 1GB, Storage 32GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Android 4.0) by ASUS
3.9 out of 5 stars   (177)