on 8 May 2013
Great machine - great spec and arrived extremely quickly. I'm a long-time Dell customer but didn't want Windows 8. A search on Amazon produced a few machines and I chose this one. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a built-in wireless thingy. However, an external plug-in is doing the job. It's fast, it's quiet - it does what I want. (Be aware that I don't play games.) Some of my earliest PC purchases were German - they were built like the proverbial tank. This isn't - it feels incredibly light and the metalwork is a bit thin. Nevertheless, that isn't a problem in use. I intend to buy another soon.
on 29 April 2013
The item was as described. Windows 7 was pre-installed and it was very easy to set up, if there was a drawback the instructions for Windows 7 was in German but I still managed to set it up without any problems
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 12 June 2014
I purchased this as didn't want Windows 8, after hearing from many people that it was not as good as the older versions. Everything I looked at in the stores only came with '8' so that was when I decided to look on line. Well done CSL and Amazon for catering for this need. I see from some other reviews that people has purchased this after buying Windows 8 and not liking it so I am very glad I went this route. I had some problems setting up to start with as, I found out, the adaptor for internet connection had 'dropped out in transit', as CSL guessed. As, following their instructions, I didn't have to replace anything, I take the 'dropped out' expression to be a figurative term. Anyway, CSL couldn't have been more helpful both speaking to me and e-mailing me with suggestions until we came to the right one. That sounds as if it was a long job, but, in fact, I only had to try three different things and, just as we were saying 'if this doesn't work, it will have to got back', magic happened! All in all, I can't fault the service and the help given and would definitely use them again. However, since I am of the older generation, I am hoping that this will last me for years and I never need another computer again as, trying to get info from my old machine, which had died, was a nightmare!!
on 23 March 2014
Looked great out the box but after a German set up sorted in the end! things only went bad as the computer just kept freezing up? I brought this knowing it was German built and having had a few good Medion computers I thought this would be as good and with no UK tech support I had no choice other than return, needless to say I brought another from a UK based company.

Very disappointed.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 17 July 2014
Arrived on time well packed
Was worried about the German language thing,but it was easy
just choose English when you first start pc
By the way windows 7 already installed, another plus
Also there was quite a bit of updating of certain things Graphics etc
and of course windows updates lept on coming for a few days
but no big deal. all is settled.
It is virtually silent, at dead of night you can just hear it
My prev pc sounded like a vacum cleaner
It is fast and can handle those heavy progs that used to slow everything down on my prev pc
I was emailed by CSl the invoice etc in pdf files about a few days after it arrived
Have not explored everything yet,nut slowly getting there
Now very important
If you buy this or other versions have CSL as seller and Amazon to handle things packing etc
Yes happy.
on 20 March 2014
I chose 5 stars for this PC as it does exactly what the specifications lay down.Delivery was fast and the PC was well packed.Construction of the tower is very good and it is surprisingly light compared to some others.I sometimes read comments about PC towers having thin metalwork but I consider this a good point as long as the casework remains rigid,which this one does.
What do I do with this PC? I run video editing,timelapse photography and Microsoft FSX (a flight simulator program).also the pc is used for some real time number crunching.
This pc eats all this without any complaints. It is described as 'a family pc' and rightly so.The HD output is good.The sound system is good for normal applications.High end gamers should always purchase machines designed for such applications.
It comes with windows 8.1 pre-installed which may put some buyers off ,but the dreaded metro screen is relatively simple to hide and render benign with the use of Classic Shell (or a similar program) .If I can do this at my age ,then so can you!.Once this is done windows 8 starts to roar and leaves everything else that m'soft has produced well behind.
Extras I have installed - just a 4 port usb3 card to work an external drive.This machine has a lot of expansion potential,with plenty of sata sockets etc on the motherboard.
BUY ONE NOW!
Some small windows appear in the german language at initial boot up but vanish after a windows update.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
After some initial doubt and a few minor hiccups which I have now sorted, partly with
a little advice from CSL's technicians, my confidence in this computer is now growing the
more I use it. I found it surprisingly slow to begin with and was very disappointed, as it
did not seem to be much of an improvement over my 7 year old Window XL which I built
from an Asus bare bones system. I then discovered that the lack of speed was down to the
Micro Bluetooth stack that I purchased at the same time as the computer, also from CSL.
I have now uninstalled the bluetooth stack and the computer is running much faster,
although still slower than I expected considering the specifications of this computer.
I'm also disappointed that the graphics card is at the lowest end of a very high end
group of graphics cards, but this can of course be upgraded later. Having said all that. As I
mentioned before, my confidence in this computer is growing every time I use it. Start up and
shut down times have improved and the speed at which programs like photoshop now open
has improved quite dramatically. So where I was at one time on the verge of returning this
computer following my initial disappointment and expectations, it is growing on me all the
time, so I intend to stick with it and improve the specifications myself later.
on 17 July 2013
It's quiet and it's fast ... just want more speed scotty.... don't you hate it when a program is loading and its not using all of the processing power available to it!!! argghh get it to.
But it's twice as fast as my laptop which is pretty well spec'd.... Well Done CSL for understanding that there is a neice market in computer desktops 'SILENCE'
So Far Only one let down... i had to buy a USB 3 card to work with my new super fast USB 3 HDD... only cost £6 but still... these things should be nuilt onto the motherboard by now!!!

Thankyou
on 12 February 2014
I have now been running the PC for about a month and it was bought to replace my ageing and increasingly slow HP desktop.
The good points: Reasonable price, pretty fast (primary hard disk transfer rate 7.9, processor & memory 7.3, 3D graphics 6.1, Desktop performance for Aero 4.6 - who cares).
The bad: most days when it has gone to sleep and I press the wake up button it goes into a whir whir red light loop which can only be stopped by pressing the reset button (maybe that's why it's on the front of the computer).
In fairness to CSL I got a pretty quick email response from their customer service team who suggested that such a problem is usually a faulty hard drive. They offered to take it back to Germany for repair or to return it to Amazon and order a new one. Either way I would have the pain of doing windows easy transfer again and probably no computer for a while.
Guess I will stick with it for now.
on 13 August 2015
Delivered by Royal Mail, a good plus point. All packed well and as described, very easy to set up. That went very well , but don't forget to tell it to speak English. The instruction book is well presented and for me was a very great help, With windows you have to do a few updates, a little pain but must be done or you will not get windows 10. So yes I am very happy with my machine, It was a good way of buying and the description was spot on. What more could I want.

See one answered question