I have SH3 and SH4 and really looked forward to this new game, I actually pre-ordered it, but I'm really disappointed as the playability is dreadful.
1) The DVD must be in the machine for you to play.
2) You 100% must have a constant Internet connection to play and it must be fast broadband - this is not stated when you buy!
3) You must sign in to the Ubisoft server before the game will even start - this means you can't always play when you want to!
4) Your saved games are not stored on your PC, they're stored on the Ubisoft server - Everywhere you look, you're limited and controlled by Ubisoft!
5) The controls are different to previous versions and there are no tutorials to teach you how to control the sub. (no Sub School or training modes)
6) You are the captain of the sub and you move around in the first person, like the shoot em up games; totally pointless on a submarine!
If you like SH4, stay with that because playability is rubbish on Silent Hunter 5.
I've spent 3 days trying to figure out how to steer the sub; it's just not intuitive and therefore it's no fun at all.
Ubisoft have taken copy protection too far and made this game totally unplayable, it's a total disaster. I'd love to use stronger vocabulary about Ubisoft's approach on this game, but I'd be banned.
In summary, keep you money in your pocket, this game is total rubbish and because of Ubisoft's restrictions, it's practically unplayable!