- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Crecy Publishing; Revised edition edition (Nov. 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0859790924
- ISBN-13: 978-0859790925
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 15.2 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,374,096 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Sigh for a Merlin Paperback – Nov 1996
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
First published in 1979, a revised edition of an autobiography in which Henshaw reflects upon his experiences as chief test pilot with the Spitfire, and the Merlin engine, during World War II. Includes a new introduction by Jeffrey Quill and a foreword by Sir John Allison.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
I suppose every man beyond a certain age, when there is time for reflection over the past, is able to say 'That was the happiest or the greatest or the most memorable year of my life.' Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
By the end of the war, Henshaw had flown over 3,000 Spits straight off the line, barrel rolled Lancasters and flown upside down along ....!
Excelling in inverted flight, Henshaw's required to demo the Spit at the drop of a hat, flight test them in appalling conditions and keep a large team of disparate pilots working foir the common good. His sheer professionalism, commitment and outstanding flying skills shine through. Modestly written, a superb account of a great plane and great pilot.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Weapons
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference