Sibling Abuse Trauma will enhance your knowledge of assessment and clinical intervention strategies for treating intersibling abuse trauma in children, families, and adults. This informative book features:
- an overview of sibling relationship development, sibling physical assault, incest, and psychological maltreatment
- individual and systemic risk factors
- gender differences
- traumatic effects
- clinical case studies and interviews
- a sibling abuse assessment schedule
- specific sibling-oriented interventionsDue to the lack of research specifically focused on sibling abuse issues, there is a gap in the training and education of abuse trauma professionals. Sibling Abuse Trauma is an innovative book that focuses not only on sibling incest, but also on sibling physical assault and psychological maltreatment from a survivor’s perspective.The authors utilize critical and empirical findings and rich case examples to illustrate how sibling abuse affects individual and family development, making further research and education in this area imperative. Whether you incorporate these findings into your clinical practice or become inspired to conduct your own research, Sibling Abuse Trauma will improve your understanding of how to treat and evaluate individuals and families with sibling abuse-related concerns.