Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jan 2010 11:11:08 GMT
Sharon-E says:
The Metro poll yesterday revealed that 51% of people are in favour of the UK legalising prostitution. The male/female split was less than I expected, with 56% of men and 46% of women - interesting when the survey had 10% of men admitting paying for sex but just 1% of women. There were some honest and frank comments in the article from relationship guru Sue Ostler (she wrote 'Flirt Diva') saying that attitudes are changing with the British becoming less pridush about paying for sex, whether it be pronography, strip clubs or prostitution. The Dutch, amongst others already have it leaglised but is it a step the UK government should take?

Posted on 4 Mar 2010 22:11:52 GMT
I seriously doubt there is the political will to do this. Indeed why question the status quo when we have a first past the post system in operation?

Posted on 23 May 2010 10:43:13 BDT
Damaskcat says:
I think it would be better of it was legalised and taxed like any other service. Prostitution in itself doesn't bother me it's the criminals who make money out of it I dislike. If it was legalised and the women involved in it safeguarded then I would have no problems with it since prostitution is never going to disappear.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  9 Jan 2010
Latest post:  23 May 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions