Customer Discussions > Resident Evil (Wii) forum

Should I buy this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Jun 2010 23:51:38 BDT
Crom says:
I got Resident Evil 2 for the Playstation in my youth. But of course, at a young age, I couldn't handle the game with it's wealth of puzzles and awkward control system (for a young-un). However, I always loved the idea of playing it, even though I never got very far into the Police Station. Anyway, since then I've completed both Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, falling for the series (albeit even I missed the horror of Resident Evil 2 despite getting not very far into it).

I decided to find my old playstation and give Resident Evil 2 a go. I can't believe how good it is! Even now, it's definitely better than most of my Xbox 360 games! However, I only managed to get a third of the way through Leon A when it started messing up, automatically resetting repeatedly. So it seems I may lose my dream of completing it (although I'm not completely giving up hope!) and the prices for the gamecube remake that I could utilize on the girlfriend's Wii are atrocious now. This Wii version of the first game, which I never moved onto on the playstation having been so poor on the second in my youth, seems as though it could bring quite a bit of satisfaction.

The only question is how similar it is to the second? Are the puzzles as good, the zombies as eerie and is the general atmosphere as terrifying? I really don't want to be disappointed when this may well be a replacement for Resident Evil 2, a game I've had forever but only just realised I loved, only to see it fade away...

Posted on 7 Jun 2010 22:38:39 BDT
Crom says:
Well... with no responses I suppose I'll just respond to myself...

The limited save system is terrible when you're playing hoping the console won't randomly reset itself - it managed to do it just as I was sorting out my inventory prior to saving, having to go through a long section for a second time! :( Anyway, it's worth the risk as the gameplay is awesome, and you of course get to avoid all the errors you made on your first playthrough. Playing it more and more actually makes you fall in love with the tank movement of the characters and the awkward camara angles. It really isn't at all frustrating like you might expect, because with the additional atmosphere it just leads to more fear! Regardless, I've gone and ordered Resident Evil Archives seeing as I'm now bound to play on it as soon as I finish this!

Now I'm just hoping I can avoid the screen trouble witnessed by most. Might I ask if it is only applicable to HDTVs seeing as I don't have one? Can always just go with the 4:3 TV I'm playing RE2 on now anyway I suppose...

Posted on 12 Jul 2010 22:41:48 BDT
Su says:
I can't say whether or not it's better or worse than any other edition - but I'm enjoying playing this. All right Chris and Jill keep running round in circles but that's happening less and less as I started to get to grips with the controls.

I haven't had any problem with resetting, death by zombie yes, but not resetting.

We have a HDTV I there is no problem with the picture at all ... ours immediately defaulted to widescreen, but you can set it to do so yourself if it doesn't happen automatically.

You should have your game by now, I hope your enjoying it :)

Posted on 13 Jul 2010 19:47:07 BDT
Crom says:
The resetting's a problem with RE2 on the Playstation, purely due to the age of both the console and game. Anyway I ordered RE Archives and it's arrived now, still haven't given it a go though. Gotta say I'm kinda looking forward to the control system, it worked very well in the original early games and the quick turn's introduction will get rid of the only real problem.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Resident Evil (Wii) forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  5 Jun 2010
Latest post:  13 Jul 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Resident Evil  (Wii)
Resident Evil (Wii) by Capcom (Nintendo Wii)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (38)