on 8 July 2014
Apparently authentic backdrop of the Iraq crisis, this story creates heroes and heroines that one rapidly becomes comfortable with. They survive catastrophic situations with ease, and the author maintains the tension by (too) rapidly changing the viewpoint, so that the fairly improbable situations knit together eventually. The modern American authors' habit of justifying immoral and illegal violence against the enemy is fully supported with very little opposition, and provides a flimsy excuse for old saying "The end justifies the means." But, hey-ho, it is a story after all....
on 7 April 2014
I after reading the first book in the series I looked forward to the second. It doesn't disappoint another well written storyline that I couldn't put down until the last page. Looking forward to book 3 .
on 16 August 2010
I really enjoyed reading this book. The action starts on page 1 and doesn't let up. The characters were engaging and held my interest all the way through. I highly recommend it.
on 1 March 2013
I read the first book "Seven days from Sunday" which I loved. This book had be glued to it also but seemed to tail off a bit at the end. If I hadn't read the first book I would probably have extremely enjoyed this instead of just liking it. Still going to buy the next one as I am looking forward to following all the gang on their next mission.
on 23 January 2015
Having read his first book, purchased his second and couldn't put it down! Read more easily perhaps as I could relate better to the characters as this book followed on from the first. Would certainly recommend and now looking to further purchase book number 3!
on 9 January 2013
The Shot To Die For, was a book following his previous CIA thriller so I knew the main thread of the story picking up from the last book. I think other people of like minded reading will enjoy it
on 31 July 2013
This is the second book in the series. Although it is a very good book it was not as good as book one. I did feel as though the ending was rushed, but regardless it is still worth a read.
on 3 January 2014
Once again a thrilling sixpence story. A book that gives lots of "insights " of how life must be in these war torn countries, such a good read I am now going to start on book 3
on 25 August 2014
Brilliant, have enjoyed all the MP-5 books, good storylines, kept me interested to the end and beyond, making me want to purchase the next. Would recommend.
on 30 January 2013
really enjoyed the book and am now reading the rest of the MP-5 series.?Full of action and can relate to the area of the world he describes - uncanny