Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Sep 2007 18:18:01 BDT
Luke says:
Read a few reviews about this game and many say it is a short experience and the multiplayer isn't all that. I'm not sure whether to make the plunge to get this if I am going to get through it quick.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2007 08:59:17 BDT
I thought the same as you, but decided to take the plunge and buy the game and must say I'm glad I did yes it is short and yes slightly repetative(but I also thought bioshock was also short and repetative, a all to common trend!) but loved the experience (haven't tried multi player).I would say rent if you can but I did not regret buying it!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2007 15:23:58 BDT
G. Hanks says:
I've only played the demo but find it very reminiscent in gameplay as games like Max Payne and Dead to Rights. I wasn't too impressed with them but from the Stranglehold demo I did find that the controls were well implemented and things like the slow motion diving and gunplay appear to be executed to a superior standard to previous games.

However I can't see it being anything more than a quick fix and a game of this kind being longer would surely dull it's appeal and highlight the repetitive nature of the action. I think I may save this for when it becomes a bargain basement item as Bioshock is vying for my time (and Halo 3 vying for my money)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2007 09:48:27 BDT
I bought the game on the basis of the demo being amazing, however it is disappointingly short... Bioshock is much longer by comparison. Though Stranglehold is repetitive, it does however have some replay value... harder difficulties, achievements etc. I haven't delved into the multiplayer much, but it seems moderate. To be honest I was a little disappointed with the game: don't get me wrong, its definitely a blast, it just could've been more I think. The main issue is definitely the length though.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2008 00:21:02 GMT
Maradin says:
When you short, you mean "as long as the average XBox game"? It's certainly longer than Halo 3 and the like. Multiplayer is genuinely rubbish, though, so I wouldn't buy it for that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  5 Sep 2007
Latest post:  19 Dec 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Stranglehold (Xbox 360)
Stranglehold (Xbox 360) by Midway Games Ltd (Xbox 360)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (48)