Format: DVD|Change

on 19 July 2002
Gritty, profane and un-nervingly dark this film inhabits the hidden underworld that we suspected may be there in London. The plot twists and turns with intrigue as we watch loyalties shift amongst the characters and we follow the cast into ever deeper depravity. In a dog-eat-dog world only bones are left.
I felt that the film could still have worked with a slightly less heavy use of bad language, but the method-acting style employed by the cast may have contributed to this. The actors do however turn in excellent performances, with a wonderfully menacing Dunbar showing us why English actors always make the best villans, and some brilliant young actors too.
An appropriate soundtrack, good edditing and special effects that added rather than took over from the film all added to my enjoyment. The fact that this is a low-budget film does not detract from it's effectiveness, so I'll be watching out for more offerings from this director in the future.
Be prepared to be somewhat disturbed by the content, but do enjoy this film. The dark-side of the good ol' Brit-gangster fun genre.
on 6 August 2008
I thought that this film was outstanding, I really liked it! Some good twists and turns, and i thought it was very realistic. I thought Andrew Howard gave a great performance, didn't expect to recognise any of the actors, but when I saw Gerard Butler and Melanie Lynskey it was a pleasant surprise.

I heard about this film because the introduction of Shooters is used in the introduction of 50 Cent's Curtis album.
on 4 March 2007
The answer is a very profound YES! Andrew Howard may be sniffing coke through most of the film but what a realistic performance he gives as J. The violence through the film is not just for the sake of it and the story is a very dark one, concerning drugs,guns,selling out your friends etc.Ioan Gruffud is so brilliantly made up it was some time before I realised it was him.This is a film where there are NO individual stars but everyone plays their roles well,especially J's youg brother-in-law. The locations used are also true. All in all a good film and a well earned 4 stars.
on 30 May 2011
this vhs tape was well priced. as the title shooters its a story about a man who gets out of prison who is out to get the money his mate is holding for him but he is now a junkie who had got involed over his head with another rival drugs gang who are selling drugs for guns .its a good film. well worth a look. the film is a bit seedy in places and shows the impact drug taking can have on all ages
on 14 February 2012
The price reflects the worth of this dvd. It has a clever twist at the end which I didn't see coming. I guess that's the point. Other than that it is not a film I would watch again in a very long time if ever. I like British films and think it important to support are productions here but even with Gerard Butler and a superb performance from Adrian Dunbar being the usual bad guy this film is not worth the time watching it. It takes along time to get going and in my opinion the twist doesn't make up for the drag to get there.
on 10 May 2011
I got this movie based on the Amazon reviews, and was quite excited to watch it, hoping for something a bit different from the usual faux gangsta rubbish. I wasn't impressed to tell the truth. The actor playing J does a good job, as does Gerard Butler, but this movie was a bit of a mess all in all. Cliched, unrealistic and boring, I'd lost interest by the 45 minute mark.
on 5 January 2015
A great little British film, I thought the acting was excellent throughout especially the leading man. Although the accent sort of threw me a tad. The film on a whole I enjoyed although was very violent in places. Good performance from Gerard Butler as a supporting cast member. Overall good watch, good story.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2015
Good edgy,gritty take on gangster life,very realized and well produced the usual take before it was the usual if you rate Essex boys with Sean bean watch this
on 11 March 2016