TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 August 2012
I've used the Shock Absorber B5044 Womens Run Bra for a while now and it's great for support and comfort. I decided to go for this version for something more flattering, especially with the padding to cover any, ahem, pronounced 'bumps' when cold and avoid any unnecessary embarrassment!

I am small chested (usually a B cup but I prefer to get an A cup in my usual back size in Shock Absorbers) but for me this is a very comfortable bra that keeps me well supported with virtually no movement at all. The fabric is very soft. Unless you have flexibility problems (i.e. if you need to put a standard bra on back to front to fasten it etc.) then you'll have no problems putting this bra on. Put it over your head, pull in position and then do the clasps up at the back.

This will be my running bra of choice next time I need to get a new one. I'm very pleased with the comfort and support and would highly recommend it, at least for girls with smaller chests anyway. Girls with D cups and above might be better off looking at the D Shock Absorber Womens D+ Max Sports Bra Top, I used to be much bigger with a DD cup and know how bras for small chests can often be useless for bigger ones!
on 22 March 2011
In use, this bra works well. I wear it for Zumba, and feel that it keeps my chest well under control!
However, I find the rigid racer-back style quite hard to get into - there is a small section on the (very firm elastic) under bust band at the back with a standard hook-and-eye closure which gives you a little wiggle room, but it isn't easy! If someone with even slightly dodgy shoulders was trying to get into this, I don't think they would make it!
Also, it can be a little troublesome to get the cup pads to lie flat and even... But as long as you're nimble and you've got about 5 mins to spare to get it comfy, this bra is fine.
on 7 December 2011
If you run alot, jump around alot, work out alot, this bra is the job!And, if you don't want to be squashed and still have shape, this does that! Alot of workout bras either cover over the sub clavial ( way too high!) or leave you with no shape at all. This one's got a deep , but not too deep plunge so makes you feel nice and feminine while still doing an excellant supporting role! I workout hard with lots of jumping about etc and run hard , am 34dd and felt really supported whole time!
on 16 April 2014
i read a few reviews saying they bought their actuall bra size and the product was too small. i decided to up a size, and purchase a 34c instead of 32, and i am very happy that i did so; the band fits snuggly and isnt too tight or too loose; the cup size is just a little too big, but i am that pleased i have purchased another but in a 34B for a more snug fit. i have ran in this bra several times, and barely notice that i even have boobs! it gives excellent support to my bust which isnt too big in the first place, but it makes for a comfortable run, without the usual chafing from cheaper materials and remains moderatly dry when i run in high temperatures. delivery was fine as it was being flown out to the gulf and i was suprised to recieve it as quickly as i did
on 24 May 2016
I was worried about sizing because of other peoples comments but I'm a 34DD bra size and I ordered a 34D shock absorber as they don't do a DD and it fits lovely - not too tight or anything. I bought this to replace a shock absorber which I have had for ages in a style now dis-continued - it was very similar in style to this one but had the side clip fasteners. This is almost the exact same shock absorber just with a rear clasp instead. The rear clasp has 3 adjustments. Would recommend to others and I am seriously thinking about purchasing another.
on 14 March 2011
I love this sports bra! I bought several of theme as this was the only bra on the market that does not make my chest completely flat. All others that I have tried did. It provides great support with a nice cleavage.
Yes, there is a down side to it. Its a bit tricky getting in and out of it as the hook and eye opening at the back does not give much way, especially once damp after the workout. The benefit of this bra being padded still out ways this negative point for me. I would highly recommend this bra for ladies with smaller cup sizes that don't want to look completely flat up top while exercising :-)
Only giving it 4 stars due to the difficulty of putting the bra on/off.
on 28 February 2014
The actual product is good and high quality. However, I ordered two and simply felt the other one fitted my body shape better.

What I would say is be a bit wary of ordering multiple sizes/ styles - the return cost is £6 which seems pretty crazy to me, especially when this is a product which really needs to be tried on and to fit correctly.
on 22 February 2013
I bought this product in particular because I was looking for a sports bra that wouldn't make my modest bust look tiny or squash what little i DO have.
It didn't disappoint. It's very comfortable with 2 pieces of padding that you you can take out (I leave them in).
Really pleased as I was looking around for ages and reading all the reviews of different sports bra's and decided on this one.
Chuffed!
on 19 January 2016
I read other reviews and purchased the next size up (as in chest size not cup). It fits perfectly. This is also easy to get on and do up the clips. Some others have a clip at the top making it difficult to do up on your own! It is very comfortable and there is no movement. I'm not huge but found running uncomfortable previously. Not anymore.
on 12 May 2016
This is an out and out wonderful sports bra. It fits beautifully and the sizing is exactly right. The padding and the overall fit makes me feel like Lara Croft! Just brilliant!