Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.74

on 27 April 2011
A sharp, witty tale about a 21-year-old whose fun summer messing around on a boat in the Caribbean quickly turns to danger. Shubaly carefully balances a gripping, pacey narrative with wider themes of adolescent angst and the fragility of modern relationships. You don't need a Kindle to buy this. Download it to your iphone and ravish on your next train or bus ride!
BBC journalist*, Maddy Savage

(* This review represents my own views not those of my employer)
on 22 August 2013
Right from the start I thought this was boring and scrappy. There was a lot of irrelevant detail about the various characters that had very little bearing on their subsequent involvement in the story. The story itself was very short, comprising 'boat gets stuck on some rocks', and they get rescued. They knew where they were and that help was available on the other side of the island so there's none of the usual uncertainties of survival. One of them has a slightly difficult trek across the island when the most exciting thing to happen was to drink his own urine. Each bit of the storyline failed to expand and there was no proper plot. I hate writing negative reviews but this really was a waste of time. At least it was all over quickly as its so short!
on 21 September 2013
Could not put it down but tried to make it last as long as I could so rationed myself to read a certain amount each day!