on 8 March 2012
Well. It's been 7 months since I purchased these and they have only covered around 150miles so far, but the seem to be holding up well. I'm a fair weather rider so have not used them much over the winter. They seem to be wearing well.

The problem I noticed is that sometimes the cleats come loose from constantly getting out of the pedals. It's not that hard to check and should only need to be done once every ride. Just cleat check into your pre-ride checks. Breaks, tire pressures, clothing comfortability, obvious signs of damage and then get the allen key out and give each cleat screw a tweak as it can be quite dangerous trying to get out of the pedals with a loose cleat.

The shoes feel quite durable and the velcro holds fast. My feet feel snug and secure once inside and there is no fear of my feet popping out of them.

Rain wise I would say a short shower is all they can take. I got caught out in a torrential downpour and my feet got soaked through. However, once my feet (and the shoes) dried out they were ready for another ride. There is a sticker that is designed to cover the cleat holes from inside to make them more watertight, but whether this works I have no idea. I would assume it's more designed to stop water coming in when walking through puddles.

With practice you can walk around town in them, but that's about their limit. Be careful when walking into buildings with expensive polished or wooden floors as I would guess based on the scraping they make on concrete that they might do damage.

Overall these cycling shoes are great. I got them because their sizing goes up to UK13 and these fit my feet like a glove. They don't detract from riding the bike as they are fairly light. If you need a big size then you could do a lot worse than these.
on 20 September 2014
Bought these in 2009 and for 3 years commuted about 5000 miles per year and socially about 1500 miles per year. I have used them in all weathers and no, they are not water proof but put them on a radiator to dry our and they are fine. I've done 10 mile to 100 mile runs in them and have found them to be bullet proof. Saw a comment on here that they are entry level, what guff, I've stormed past guy wearing their £200 Mavic shoes on their £4k+ bike and it's a case of, all the gear and no idea. Because the cleats are recessed, it makes walking in them easy. The only downside of these shoes is that you struggle to fit a pair of overshoes over them.

I fell by the wayside for about a year and fell out of love with cycling but have recently started back up again and have now become even more obsessed covering up to 200 miles per week. Still using the good old trusty SH-M077 shoes :) Velcro still works fine, yes, they look a bit tatty but to all of those out there who love cycling and are not cycling Snobs (There are a lot out there) These are the Mutts Nuts in cycling shoes. Easy to engage too, I have the road equivalent Shimano shoes that are ok ish but I find them really hard to engage the cleats, only time I wear them is when the heavens open as my overshoes fit them fine. Othersiwe I'll stick to my old faithful SH-M077's.
on 21 February 2012
These are the first pair of clipless cycling shoes I have owned and I would highly recommend them. They are comfortable, easy to set up and despite a couple of comedy slow motion falls when I've forgotten to unclip my feet, they are not too difficult to get to grips with.

The recessed cleats do help with walking in these shoes, but the medal cleats do still strike the floor and so whilst they are fine for walking in for short distances you wouldn't want to have to walk any considerable way.

I have size 10 feet and went for the 9.5 sized shoes. They are just big enough and have become a better fit as they have stretched ever so slightly with use.

If you want to change to a clipless pedal system these shoes are an excellent starter pair.
on 17 March 2012
Just received shoes this morning. Did not have a chance to test yet but they feel very comfortable and a fantastic of quality. Someone packing the product did a great favor to me. I ordered size 9.5 but luckily received size 10,5 - fits perfectly. Saved me all the hassle sending these back. Make sure you choose half a size bigger ones than you actually wear.

- It's been almost a year now since buying pair of these. After almost every day 16 mile commute I could not praise them more. Strong and good quality leather, velcro intact, very good ventilation, easy to clean and dry out when soaked wet. Very important for me was the fact, that you can fairly normally walk wearing these (MTB are moore practical to road shoes). Very well designed and manufactured product.
on 22 November 2011
I like these shoes, very comfortable, and do the job really well, good contac with thr pedals on those long rides, and just need a bit of gr=etting used to for mounting and dismounting,but appart from that a good bargain.
on 29 November 2012
Really good shoe easy to fit the Shimano clips and the nice thing is that with the clips installed you can still use them on standard pedals. They were a nice fit and feel really comfortable as the clips are seated within the sole there is no problem walking with them as they behave like a ordinary shoe. I have Shimano pedals the type with one side as a standard pedal and the other side with clips. As this is the first time I have used a clip device I was a bit worried about releasing quickly enough. No problem ! Shoes are great !!
on 19 January 2014
Great off-road shoe, very comfortable, hard wearing, really adjustable and easy to clean. Well made from nice materials and a practical colour too. Bear in mind the usual shimano fit will mean you'll need a size larger than your usual shoe size if you have a wide foot.
on 30 December 2011
My first ever clipless shoes and so far a success. Currently used on my mountain bike and also my road bike for commuting.

Work well with both bikes, situations and pedal choices. Purchased originally for versatility, and the hope that the recessed cleats would allow me to walk in them without damage (to me, shoe or floor). Not 100% a success on that score, but not bad.

Only issues were sizing. At my size (11), shoes only came in half sizes. After vast amounts of contradictory advise on many web sites went for half a size too big. Works fine, though additional socks are a necessity. Which you would do anyway as after my first ride in a single pair of socks, I couldn't feel any if my toes...
on 21 May 2012
I have been mountain biking for some years now and never used clipless pedals before. Now i am the wrong side of forty i desided to take the plunge and take advantage of the upward power you are expected to get fro this system. Having recieved this shoe on friday i fitted my peadls and wnet out for a try ride to get used to getting in and out of the pedals. Took some getting used to however the shoes are very comfort able not only to cycle in but to walk in to. I went for the next size up to what i normally take, as recommended in other reviews. I am glad i did as they are still a snug fit but not uncomfortable and they should expand with use to be a perfect fit. Would highly recommend these shoes for away one like myself taking the plunge with clipless for the first time, and with the Shimano name i dont expect them to fall apart at any stage.
on 25 November 2012
A cycling shoe that is best used with the SPD cleat system.Good sole,comfortable,fair weight,with three Velcro straps.Ok for walking when off the bike.Sizing should be checked,as the are on the small side,I went up one size.Rain proof,not waterproof.Shop around for best price.