on 14 November 2013
When my original brake pads wore out I replaced with Aztec pads. Very soon I began to develop some severe squealing - normally a sign of contamination but I could see no reason for that to happen, especially on both front and back.
I've now replaced with original Shimano branded pads, after first thoroughly cleaning the rotor, and the squealing has gone. Not only that but stopping power on my often heavy laden Specialised Crosstrail is much noticeably better.
Sticking to original Shimano pads from now on.
on 28 April 2016
I've had my hybrid bike for just over 3 years and use it every day, up until recently the hydraulic disc brakes have required no maintenance. They started squealing very loudly over the past few weeks and it was getting to he point where I was afraid to use my brakes in fear of the racket they made. I tried cleaning the exiting pads and used brake cleaner on the discs which did work for about a week then I decided to invest in these. The old pads did have a fair amount of surface left on them but were showing signs of chipping and wear on the edges. These replacements have completely eliminated the squealing and were very easy to fit. Two sizes of split pins are provided if you don't want to reuse the old one.
on 21 August 2014
Bought these for my 2011 Cube Ltd Pro after I contaminated my rear brakes with chain lube. (lesson learned there). Good product, brakes no longer squeal and are now very efficient. Simple to fit too.
on 14 September 2014
Disk brakes were making a grinding noise, pads looked OK but disk was worn so I thought I would need to replace the disks. Before doing this I decided to see if replacing the pads would make a difference and it did - the grinding noise is gone.

There is a slight difference to braking feel (needs more pressure to stop but doesn't grab so much) so took a bit of getting used to but this saved the cost and difficulty of fitting new disks.

New brakes are effective and the bike feels like new (but I also replaced grips and chain...) I recommend replacing pads as a first step as the old pads were glazed, hence the grinding noise.
on 3 March 2013
Better than the pads they replaced on my Voodoo that were OEM.
Nice bite on them and reasonably priced too.
on 17 July 2014
I can ride my bike and stop
on 26 March 2015
I don't understand why people buy comaptible pads when these are so reasonable. The pads come with two sizes of split pin and can be fit in minutes, so don't hesitate when the squeaking starts!!
on 7 September 2015
Bought as a replacement for some cheap brake pads I bought for my norco range, these brake pads are spot on and have great stopping power
on 22 April 2016
Work perfectly, easy to fit. Last well, except when mud gets on the discs.
on 23 July 2015
always best to get the real mccoy - other cheaper pads where rubbish