on 9 October 2013
Have you a twist grip? Have you got sore and blistered hands after a cold and rainy (or hot and sweaty) day whilst out cycling? Take it off and throw it away! These magical mechanisms make the meal of manually manipulating muddy mountainous gears a simple click - or a long push for a few gears at a time - away. They fit in minutes with great ease and after a bit of use and running-in and re-adjustment, (also squirting some silicone-spray inside certainly helps) work perfectly and reliably. Don't forget to lubricate the cable too! Would you believe they also make one for the other side too?!
Oh, and if you only have six hub gears, like I do, or even less... it works just fine as the gear-rings are the same distance apart anyway.
Believe me, you won't ever regret buying one...or two.
on 21 April 2013
A great Shimano shifter, works as it should. I wanted to upgrade a single speed to 7 speed. I had considered a twistgrip i.e. Revoshift. But the Rapifre is a bit more inconspicuous and less prone to problems that occur with twistgrip unless you want to spend a lot of money.
on 4 July 2013
For my first foray into bike mending this did the trick. I now have gears that work again, thanks to a simple to fit and well designed product.
on 17 February 2015
Bought to replace twist grip which I hate. This, once set up works great. Don't do what I did and buy a jagwire too as it comes with one. Easy to set up, if not sure go on youtube. Mine needs some tweeking which I will do at some point.
My bike is 6 speed but this works fine. If you push the lever further you can change down two gears at a time.
Why buy those expensive shifters when this does the job just as well.
on 17 June 2014
The original shifter on the MTB was a more expensive model (don't know why). I ordered this one as I had a 7 speed sprocket on the back and many of the shifters advertised are for 8 speed. Fitted it in a few minutes and have been using it daily ever since. Works great. One small point, the shifter comes complete with an inner cable. I made the mistake of ordering a cable separately, which will now be kept as a spare.
on 6 February 2015
Not used this yet but it will be the usual Shimano quality, won't it? And it'll be a refreshing change to EZ (easy) fire.
on 6 May 2015
Works a treat, does the job that it was intended for, very easy to fit and set up.
on 8 May 2015