on 17 October 2013
I feed 6-8 people pretty much every night, and last week we had 12 people to dinner - we still got seconds out of this. So far I've used it for roasting a whole joint of pork (perfect), a huge chicken and olive stew (perfect) and a red thai curry (this is on the go now, so can't comment!). I have been very pleasantly surprised at the results, the flavour you get is very different from using other cooking methods as it seems to preserve individual flavours very well, this was really noticeable with the olives in the chicken dish, and the fennel seeds with the pork, so I reckon that even old favourites take on a new twist which helps to ring the changes.

I have given this full marks as it does what it says it does, produces good even results, is economic and it looks extremely good for what is actually an incredibly cheap bit of kitchen equipment, what's not to like. (Oh yes, as a previous reviewer said, it does get hot - but then it is a bloody oven, so don't let the kids near it!).
on 2 November 2013
I order lots of stuff on Amazon and had never left a review so far. That's telling you how much I am happy with this product!

I spent a fair amount of time browsing the internet before bying the Shef. Loads of people were complaining that even the biggest brands out there were actually not doing the job because the food was brought to the boil and/or burning even on the lowest setting.

I can guarantee you that this one does not. I have cooked beautiful meals that always came out perfectly, the latest one being a melt- in-the-mouth, perfectly cooked leg of lamb . No knife needed to carve it, only a spoon.Very simple recipe :lots of garlic and rosemary, salt pepper and that's it. NO LIQUID at all, on low for about 8 hours et voila! After the diner my friends asked for the link to order one for themselves.

As for the size, i was a bit concerned it would be too big for us ( a couple) but I actually am glad I did get the 6.5l so I can cook larger pieces like a whole chicken or (the famous leg of lamb ;) with no problem and we have leftovers for the next day. And it works just as well for smaller portions. And if you like entertaining, it is a must of course.
The only thing is there is now timer but it coooks so slow that I am not worried to leave it and go out, it never burns.

If you look for a great slow cooker, do not look further, this is it.

EDIT : what happened with the price ? I got if at 18£, my friend at 28£ and now it's 99£ !! Still worth it though, even if I'm glad I got it earlier.
on 25 November 2012
Brilliant value for money. Large size great for families., looks stylish and looks good left out on display. Very very pleased
on 26 February 2013
This was just what I wanted alas I did not realise I had ordered a 6.5 litre capacity it would feed the 2 of us for a week so I swapped it with my son now he only has to cook twice a week
on 28 December 2012
I have no problems so far with this cooker. I have used it 3 times so far and it is practical for a large family and easy to use for someone who doesn't like cooking.like me.
on 30 November 2012
This item was delivered in quick time and is very easy to use. Have made some lovely meals in it. I am very pleased with the quality and performance. Would reccomend it to anyone.
on 27 August 2013
This slow cooker is a class act. At a price £££s below others it does what it is meant too. An example is cooking a whole chicken and having it perfectly cooked and with the meat moist and tender works for me.
on 12 July 2013
I bought this because my other slow cooker was too small. The first thing I tried was a carrot cake and it turned out really well with no problems. It will also be useful when making post Christmas turkey stews.
on 30 August 2014
This slow cooker is a good size for my family of 5. It is also a good size for entertaining: I bought 2 chickens from the local farm shop when we had visitors recently. I put them in together in the morning (adding no liquid) and by evening we had two delicious roast chickens! I even made gravy with the juices right in the slow cooker after I removed the chickens! Good results for everything I've made so far, from stocks and soups to roasts and sausage and sauerkraut! Very happy with results and for a very good price.
on 11 December 2012
I though it might be too big for the two of us but its not. Makes a great dinner with leftovers for the day after.